Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Spoke to Ray on Sunday 3/5/2006

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spoke to Ray on Sunday 3/5/2006
 Login/Join

posted
I called Ray from the beach at Lauderdale-By-The-Sea. He wanted to know what I was up to and I reported to him and my wife and I had just enjoyed lunch and were enjoying the ocean. He said that he had just finished up Farewell To Summer (I thought it had been completed sometime before) and had sent off the remaining pages and that it would be out in August.

As requested I asked him about the mobile that had been sent to him, if he had an opportunity to put it up and he said that no, he hadn't because he doesn't have room with all of the stuffed toys and other items around his house.

He asked me why I wasn't getting ready to watch the Oscars. He said that he has been a voting member of the Academy for over 40 years and he was voting for King Kong, although it won in several categories and was not up for any major area.

As of late he has been sounding so good and he appears to be feeling good as well.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
King Kong was robbed. Well, in the awards sense. It made about five times more money than any of the others.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion:

As of last week, note the US. box office receipts:

KING KONG: $216,000,000

CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: $289,000,000

Shudder to think that movies like Ghost Busters and My Big Fat Greek Wedding had greater box office receipts than the new King Kong. While movies like Star Wars and Finding Nemo crunched Narnia.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane,

Thank you so much for asking about the mobile.

Sincerely,

Greg

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post