Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New article

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New article
 Login/Join

posted
Nice article. Talks of a new story in progress about his daughters.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/books/story/108903p-98414c.html

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link, Green Shadow. Always on the lookout for new information on Ray, though this site still seems to be the best source, with its members dutifully reporting on each visit, book-signing, play production etc.

Good to hear about the information on his daughters. I've long wondered, since he says everything is grist for the mill, why he has seemd to steer clear from them, and his relationship with them, in his works. I know a poem here and there seems to address it but nothing really clear cut in his stories. While he certainly can't be considered a "confessional" writer, much of his inspiration comes from his "real" life. Perhaps he's managed to "hide" his daughters well enough in his stories that I've simply missed it. (Okay, "enough" of the "quotes.")

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the two great articles. I have always wanted to know more about his family, so I'm looking forward to the story about his daughters. I was also very interested in finding out about how outspoken he was against Sen. McCarthy. Does anyone know what he said or where I could learn more about this? Thanks again for the great articles. Sometimes I feel like a sponge, wanting to soak up everything there is to know about Ray!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping a lot of this kind of "stuff" is in the Sam Weller biography.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the articles Green Shadow and pterran.

This article is a little old. A lot of you have probably already seen it. Very good though!
http://www.testermanscifi.org/FantasyMastersPart1.html

[This message has been edited by Ought Not (edited 08-15-2003).]

Posts: 135 | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mind as well join in:

Here's something to do with Comic -Con, San Diego last month, that Ray was at... you'll have to scroll down a bit to read about it (comes with a photo taken there).
(click on, or type into finder): http://www.newsfromme,com/archives/2003_07_23.html

And then, pretty much all the info you need to know about the 'close encounter of the 4th kind' (Mars). [Also: check out some of the other terific space photos in the "gallery", on this following site, plus "movies"]
(click on, or type into finder): http://www.marstoday.com/viewpr.html?pid=12234

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 08-15-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ought Not,

Thanks for the link. I haven't read this before. Got started on in it but time constraints have forced me to leave it for now. But interesting stuff.

Nard,

And thanks for your link. Both quite interesting. And new.

Pete

posted Hide Post
Wow, thanks to all for the great links. I hadn't seen any of those articles before!

Greg

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a link, but Book Magazine (put out by Barnes and Noble, September/October 2003 issue) has a two-page article on Ray Bradbury in commemoration of the Fiftieth year publication anniversary of Farenheit 451. It's kind of generic, but has some interesting tidbits. Nice picture of Ray from a few years back. References a biography being written by a Michigan professor named Garyn Roberts? Talks about some of the cultural influences (McCartney hearings) and about his writing it in the basement of the UCLA library. I'm not aware of an on-line version, but if you're near a Barnes and Noble, they probably have it.

Interestingly, they don't even mention the new anthology (100 Celebrated Stories) anywhere in the article!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trying to find stuff about Ray at the
'''Comic Con 2004'''
where he spoke. Here is something I finally located:
http://geekspeak.org/articles/16/

___Note: Click on the picture with the audience and projected picture of Ray, and it enlarges for better viewing___

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 08-04-2004).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post