Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Disturbing news on Martian Chronicles (Hill House)
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disturbing news on Martian Chronicles (Hill House)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The Hill House website disappearing is very bad news.

If they no longer have a website I doubt they'll be publishing any books in the near future.

So, what do we do about the hundreds of dollars we've shelled out for a book (or books) we most likely won't get?

Posts: 79 | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Latest news from Gauntlet

Update on THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES

The Hill House website has been taken down, and therefore we have to assume that Hill House is now out of business. We are making every effort possible to find out what will happen with Ray Bradbury's THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES. When we learn additional information we will be sure to alert you. As there are bound to be rumors flying in regards to the whereabouts of Hill House, feel free to contact us and we’ll try to sort out fact from fiction. As of now no publisher has been selected to publish the book. Attempts will be made, we are told, to assure those who paid for their book either get a book (without additional cost) or get a refund. Those who purchased the book, of course, should seek restitution from Hill House.

I too have paid for this book directly to Hill House, mainly because I was able to buy some other books through them (Cat's Pajama's etc). Hopefully someone will step in with some sort of resolution? Ray Bradbury is without a doubt my favorite writer and have heard him speak many times, and even though this is not his responsibility, I feel sure of his concern over this matter.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I realy hope the title to moves to Gauntlet. Barry has never been anything but a pleasure to deal with. Also, Gauntlet puts out beautiful editions of Ray's books.

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post