Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The New Board
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New Board
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I just got back from a week in Spain, and was pleased to find the message board has rematerialised. It doesn't quite feel like home, but I'm sure we'll all settle in eventually!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ack! Bring back Dandelion please! I miss Ray's board!
Frowner Margaret

Posts: 16 | Location: Menlo Park, CA USA | Registered: 18 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm.... I'm afraid I'm a bit dense, but what precisely is the difference between "Forums" and "Imported Forums" here? I have both pages up on my computer now, and they look exactly the same to me.

Posts: 90 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The question is beyond my capacity to answer. Good to see your name up here. How's the stained glass windowing going?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two questions:

(1) There is no reply when photos are posted. Is there a way to discuss posted photos?

(2) When you do the rating deal, where does that rating appear? I tried to "rate" the two pictures Patrick just posted (Cool pictures), but I didn't see any kind of stars or anything appear.

Any ideas?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark:

I noticed that if you click on your name itself..it opens a window where there is a listing, including a profile. There must be a way to 'add' to your profile.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see where the rating shows up now. It is on the first page when you open one of the four major topics on the bulletin board.

posted Hide Post
I tried the ratings function yesterday. When Nard posted the three photos, I gave it the highest rating and saw five checks appear by the name of the topic. But I wasn't sure if anyone else could see that rating or if it was just something I could see. And what purpose does a rating serve? I might think a post is great, but someone else might think it stinks. Anyone know more about this? I feel like a lost soul stumbling through a forest!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good point. It seems like the rating system would have to be cumulative -- so that it would maintain an on-going average of the rankings posted.

posted Hide Post
lmskipper:
Good Grief! The last time I got so many 'check-marks'' in one box was from the nuns in elementary school, for not practicing self control.
Talking about 'checks'..check out more photos I've posted on that forum. This week I will scour what digital photos I have that may be new.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
I'm already suffering from nostalgia. I miss the profiles, too.

Mr Dark,

I can view your profile by clicking on your name next to your message!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
The question is beyond my capacity to answer. Good to see your name up here. How's the stained glass windowing going?

Hey, nice to be back--I haven't been around much lately. I've been totally obsessed for the past months by house renovations (with no end in sight!) so I haven't been working at glass as much as I should. But I'm determined that this will be the year that I finally make my Bradbury-inspired "Strawberry Window" for the door--I have all the little bits of coloured glass at hand, just have to put it all together. (I need to get that window in place so I can check for vampires, you see...)

Posts: 90 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I miss the old board. The looks of this one just aren't as pleasing, and it's a little confusing. Oh, well. Change is inevitable.

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This board looks so cold now. Purple, white, light purple; it isn't working for me either. By the way, I'm a long time reader of the boards, first time poster.

You know something's wrong when the jellyfish calls you by name.

Posts: 8 | Location: Jersey | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Know what else I hate? When you post it says, "Thank you for contributing to this forum." I mean, who does HAL think he is anyway? The old board always nicely said, "Thanks for making your post," or "Thanks for editing your post," or even (for moderators), "Thanks for deleting the post," and addressed you by name!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post