Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Good Story, Lost Title.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Story, Lost Title.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

I'm trying to find the title to a short story. The basic gist is there are too many dead people so the cemeteries are slowly being emptied and the bodies used for fuel. The bodies are still able to communicate with each other, however, so the last dead body is aware that he is alone. He decides to rise from his grave and create more dead people as revenge. Any ideas?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 22 December 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome kuroinukan!

The story is "Pillar of Fire". A great place to find it is in A Pleasure to Burn - Fahrenheit 451 Stories by Ray Bradbury. Also Mr. Bradbury wrote a stage play of "Pillar of Fire" and it is the name of the Bradbury endorsed theater group headed by Prof. Terry Pace of the University of North Alabama in Florence Alabama.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much! I've been searching for a long time. I should have come here first.

A stage play you say? I will definitely check that out!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 22 December 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The title phrase comes from the King James Bible. Bradbury often used titles from classical literature or poetry.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post