Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Child's Study on Symbolism in the 60's, with a letter response from Bradbury.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Child's Study on Symbolism in the 60's, with a letter response from Bradbury.
 Login/Join

posted
I came across this article on Fark.com, it's about a writer who, in his teens back in 1963 wrote a letter to a number of prominent writers asking a few questions about symbolism. It was interesting to see how some of the different writers responded to his letter, but Ray Bradbury had the best response. I figured that if any place on the internet would appreciate this the most, it would be on Bradbury's official forums.

http://www.theparisreview.org/...he-symbolism-survey/

I -love- that he wrote out Guy Fawkes day. The amount of effort he put into simple questions is very endearing. Hats off to you, 48 years younger Ray Bradbury.

~Kyle

Posts: 1 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this, Waelsh!
Even Mr. B's resposes to a questionnaire are absolutely great writing!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent! A great find, Kyle; thanks for posting.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post