Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Tickets for Ray's lecture at the LA Book Festival?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tickets for Ray's lecture at the LA Book Festival?
 Login/Join

posted
I know this is a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone out there might have an extra ticket to Ray's lecture this weekend at the LA Times Book Festival. I thought the festival was next weekend for some reason, and the lecture is already sold out.

Thanks.

--
jJ

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry Ryan - sure wish I could help you, but we only picked up two. Guess I should have had the foresight to have gotten a couple extra for just such an emergency.

You could do the standby thing, they say, and could possibly get in if not everyone shows up. Surely some won't show, but it's a chance.

Good luck!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug-

No need to apologize. I'm stopping by to say 'hi' to Ray at the Vagabond booth, so, yeah, I figure I can do the wait and see but it's always nice to have the ticket in hand. Smiler

By the way, just noticed your location. Very nice; I think Forrest Ackerman would be proud.

--
jJ

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetJagger:
I think Forrest Ackerman would be proud.

I do adore my favourite uncle!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who's going to be there tomorrow? Let me know.

Now that we have a "Photos of You" thread, we should recognise each other.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Too late - I'm off!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I recently got back from seeing Ray Bradbury at the LA Time Festival of Books and I am not disappointed at all. Easily the highlight of the day, even after attending great presentations with people like Amy Goodman, Greg Palast, and Jared Diamond. I know Bradbury was in last year's Festival of Books as well (which I was unable to get into), so maybe he appears every year.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark,

Posts: 2 | Registered: 28 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too, mark.

I'll say it's the best lecture I've ever heard him give (and I've heard a lot of 'em).

I'm so inspired now there's no telling what I might do!

"Live Forever!"