Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    International Space Station

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

International Space Station
 Login/Join

posted
Quite a while ago dandelion wrote a great post regarding seeing the space station pass by. One could actually sense her giddiness. At the time I was under the impression dandelion was on the east coast, I don't know why. After reading the "Where Y'all From" thread and discovering you live out west here, I've been hoping there's a chance I could see it too. Do you know where and when it passes?

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I only knew to look for it because someone else had said something.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darn!

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This site has information on the ISS (NASA site) along with links to more information. It may be that one of these sites has some information on watching for the ISS (a program I really like).
http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2004/may/HQ_ss04008_issstatus_report.html

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I really like that web-site. I couldn't find anything on spotting it from earth, but I think I'll be browsing that site more thoroughly in the days and weeks to come. Thank You Mr. Dark

posted Hide Post
Try this site-
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/osf/station/viewing/issvis.html

It is pretty technical, but if you scroll down and click on "Country Search" you can find out when (and if) it is visible from a given city / country.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SummerRunner,
Welcome aboard. It's "almost" always a pleasure to have a new voice join the choir. That's Mr.Dark over there, don't let the name scare you, he's really nice. And over there, that's dandelion, she runs the joint. Me, I'm grasstains, I'm just your average knucklehead. Thank you for the link. Did you discover it after reading Mr.Dark's post or did you already know about it?

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 05-14-2004).]

posted Hide Post
grasstains:

Actually I've been following this forum for the last couple of years, however I rarely post. Because I so rarely post I'm always forgetting my password (the "forget your password link" on this site doesn't seem to work) so I need to make up a new user name. I kind of like this one so I'm going to write this password down (it is based on the story "The Sound of Summer Running" in case you couldn't guess).

Anyway, I am a bit of an astronomy buff and am familiar with quite a few web sites on the subject. It seemed like this was the site you were looking for. I hoped it helped!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SummerRunner- Yes, very helpful. Typed in my city and BAM! Astoundingly quick.

I know what you mean about the password thing. It happened to me a couple times.

Thanks again for the link.

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 05-16-2004).]