Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    train to hell??

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

train to hell??
 Login/Join

posted
I remember a short story about a train bound for hell, with satan as the engineer.
The hero makes a deal with satan, that he might choose a moment in time and live it forever, but his soul belongs to satan. Satan gives him his watch, to seal the deal.

I'm almost certain this was a Bradbury story, but I can't remember the name right now. Can anyone help me out?

Posts: 2 | Location: Bakersfield,CA,USA | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're referring to "That Hell-Bound Train," by Robert Bloch (not a message board hijacked by trolls.)

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion:::

By any chance.... these 'trolls' keeping us all awake at night???

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are you doing still up?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much.
I was sure it was by Ray Bradbury, but ah well.

Posts: 2 | Location: Bakersfield,CA,USA | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The hell bound train? Where this train goind to the Hell's Pit?

Posts: 33 | Location: Norway | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OleManiaC:
Don't know 'cause I never read Bloch's story. But then, maybe it's something like...
The Road to Perdition
...similiar destination.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was going in the opposite direction of "This Train" and "The Happyland Express." Only difference is, the particular train in the story never reached its destination.

posted Hide Post
I think this is also a Chuck Berry song.
Just a random thought.

Posts: 117 | Location: The Great North of New York State | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post