Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bookmarks

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bookmarks
 Login/Join

posted
This is just a random curious only benign question. What do you use for a bookmark? I personally prefer playing cards for some reason, mainly Bicycle ace of spades. Please tell me you don't use "the foldover".

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fortune cookie messages. I reserve a collection of them for that purpose.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paperback Booksmith (they�ve been gone from the Connecticuter area about ten years now) gave out a bookmark with each purchase. I still have a lot of those around. Zeizing Brothers (before they went out to California) did the same and I still have some of those also.

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's a library book, I use the tagboard thingie showing the due date. Otherwise, pipe cleaners, ripped shards of kleenex, receipts, or, in rare cases, boomarks!
If it's a book on tape, however...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of those are strangely interesting to me for some reason. I tried tarot cards but they were too cumbersome. I especially liked the fortune cookie paper.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used all of the above except for the fortune cookie fortunes, nice touch there.

For many years I used a little love note Spouse had left for me on the kitchen table one morning. It simply said, "I love you, me."

It became somewhat tattered over the years and I finally stopped using it not long ago.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats cool, grasstains. Thanks for sharing. Maybe you could get that lamenated as that definately is worth preserving.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
My all time favorite bookmark is from Lawrence Ferlingetti's City Lights Bookstore in San Francisco, as it was the Mecca for us un-official Beatniks of the '60s. It is still going strong in the flesh and in the Coney Island of my mind.

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrask,

The Coney Island of your mind....What frightens me is I know exactly what you mean. Seriously, that is so great! I am a Deadhead myself and I applaud all of you free thinkers of the sixties. Ya tried to change the world for the better, and you almost pulled it off. By the way, what does it look like, I mean is it psychodelic, dripping colors etc. or just maybe gothic print. That really is a treasure. Thank you.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
Along the lines of Sam the postman, who was ten minutes between houses laughing at postcards and trying on mail order shoes, my dad knew someone who subscribed to a magazine and when they got their brand new issue a slice of bacon fell out from between the pages! He said he was sure no postman ever subscribed to a magazine--just took it by turns whose copy they were going to read.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*bump*

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post