Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    How to Send Pictures
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to Send Pictures
 Login/Join

posted
Hello All,

I have a great picture, that. I'm sure you all would like, How do I send it, via RayBradbury.com

take care
Patrick

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, on posting a picture, what you do is "right click" on the image itself, which on a Macintosh means "control click." Then you have to select the url for the image itself, not the page on which it appears. Again, on a Macintosh, I learned that "Open Image in a New Window" and then selecting the url from that window, is what works. On other computers it is no doubt different.

To post to the message board, you simply put [img][/img] tags on either side of the url. Again, I did not know on a Macintosh keyboard how to make those square brackets, but I copied the ones so helpfully posted and pasted them in the appropriate places and they worked just fine. Hope this works for you as well.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion:

I'd like to use that method, too. But...boy, dummy here for sure. When you say, click on the image...what image are you talking about? I've a Mac... but what is a 'control click'... where is THAT? How do you select an 'url'? Well, for this dummy, answering those questions would be at least a start.....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Right click" means click on the right half of a mouse, which is in two parts. On the Macintosh the mouse is all in one piece, so no such thing as a "Right click." There should be a control button on your keyboard, probably one on each end of the bottom of the keyboard. Press one of those buttons and THEN click the mouse.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, dandelion. It's all clear as mud now....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please Please, from the beginning, from this reply page, I'm new at this, I have the camera, plug, into the computer. camera's on. picture's there, What to do next, please
basic info. sorry and thanks,

It's a great great, picture, I've been waiting for this a long long time.

Thanks Patrick

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrick,

the first step is to get the picture onto your computer. To do that, you need to use whatever software came with the camera.

If I understand correctly, on this message board the only way to display a picture is to include some kind of link to a picture on a web page. So you either have to have a web page, or you need to get someone else to "host" the picture for you.

I will happily "host" the picture on my website, if you would be able to email it to me. If you want to discuss further, please email me via my "Profile" icon.

- Phil

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 03-29-2004).]

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to duplicate information already posted in other threads, but to keep this all neat and tidy the photos are now viewable here: http://www.raybradbury.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000987.html

- Phil

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello FH I have never been to this website but found it while doing some research for a contest. I am currently playing the World's Largest Trivia Contest for Stevens Point WI. Part of the contest is that we get 23 obscure pictures of people, places and logos. On of the pictures our team member believes is a young Ray Bradbury. After visiting a few sites and forums I continually see your log in name pop up so which has led me to believe that you would be the leading source on this author. I could find no young pictures of him on the internet and I would appreciate it if I could send this picture to you and if you could confirm if this is a picture of Ray Bradbury or not; better yet would be a place that, if it is him, I could look up and see where this picture was taken from. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear you respond to this.

Thanks Again,

Rhiannon

Posts: 1 | Location: Stevens Point, WI, United States | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you post the picture here? Nard Kordell has some young pictures of Ray which are online. Also, if you can get hold of the book "Ray Bradbury: An Illustrated Life," it contains pictures of Ray at different ages.

posted Hide Post
Rhiannon,

is this the photo in question? This seems to be the most widely reproduced picture of the young Ray (c. 3 years old):

There are plenty of other pics here: http://www.raybradburyonline.com/imagegallery.htm

- Phil

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 04-14-2004).]

posted Hide Post

Posts: 26 | Location: Ojai, CA, USA | Registered: 18 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a nice picture and how fortunate you are to have it! (Say I with just a touch of jealousy.) The one thing he wouldn't allow was my picture with him...though I still hope!

Ray had his picture taken with George Burns and a number of other celebrities. I believe there's a real funny one with Marlene Dietrich where he's just beaming and she's looking disgusted.

posted Hide Post
Thanks. That's my son with Ray at the October 2002 Long Beach Library benefit. Ray seemed totally comfortable chatting and posing with folks.

The boy was walking about four inches off the ground for weeks after that night. DZ

Posts: 26 | Location: Ojai, CA, USA | Registered: 18 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is my personal favorite "younger picture" of Ray, taken right around the time many of "The October Country" stories were being written.

I think of this as the glamour shot pinup picture. Hmmm, maybe I'll just put up this one and that one of Robert Fuller for something to really drool over!