Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Deletions: What Goes, What Stays
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Deletions: What Goes, What Stays
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
For the record, I have never removed fiction or poetry from the board, nor have I asked anyone else to remove any such items once posted. I have, however, asked people not to post such material because it's not a fiction or poetry board, I don't have the time to read it all for moderation purposes, nor do I set myself up to censor anyone's creative work. Since people continue to post it, let me just say I won't be held responsible for the content. If anything really offensive appears, violating any of the rules set forth above or standards of basic good taste, please notify me and/or philnic to take appropriate action, thanks.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Like dandelion, I have also refrained from deleting fiction and poetry from the board. Like dandelion, I have neither the time nor inclination to read the typically lengthy posts.

But I do keep a watchful eye out for matters of decency in my speed-reading of such posts.

And I ALWAYS delete the posts which are solely about promoting sneakers. We average about 6 of those a week.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
And I ALWAYS delete the posts which are solely about promoting sneakers. We average about 6 of those a week.
Even the Royal Crown Sponge Cream Para Litefoot Tennis Shoes!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Even the Royal Crown Sponge Cream Para Litefoot Tennis Shoes!

Me, too, sadly, yes, even those. Can't start making exceptions!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It took me five seconds of furious thought to get that! Smiler

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard as it is to believe having come this far, it seems I have neglected to cover one of the most vital points! It's tiresome, it's inconvenient, and lately I've found it the hardest of rules to which to adhere, but everything posted here which is allowed to stay must fall within legally permissible boundaries as defined by enforceable law! I will hold all posters to the same high standards as myself, as I said elsewhere regarding a response to my posts:

(As a general guideline, Hint: terrorist threats include but are not limited to death threats, causing property damage such as fires and explosions, or encouraging others to commit such actions. Also no electronic hacking, stalking, or spying on anyone with drones! It's a pain, but we gotta have SOME rules! Roll Eyes )

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Someone was supposed to come mow today, but he didn't make it before the rain.

You have someone who mows for you? Sounds like Desperate Housewives!

Thought you all might like to know that after fifty years of cowering in abject fear of lawnmowers I acquired a battery-powered model I used for the first time today...to mow over all those dandelions I poisoned! This is the first mower of any description (other than a scythe) owned by my immediate family since my parents married in 1960.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...(other than a scythe)...

A very Bradburyan tool in its own right.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Bumping up from necessity. Locking from precaution.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

posted Hide Post
Bumping up for the edification of anyone new and again locking.

posted Hide Post
More a matter of courtesy due to the old-fashioned format of these boards than a hard and fast rule. When a link is posted, all that is visible is letters and numbers, with no description or preview, necessitating the moderator to click on every link to make sure it conforms with the forum rules. It would be nice to post what the link is about. Of course the moderator will still have to click on it to prevent any jokers posting one link with another description.

posted Hide Post
Nice to see traffic on the board. So far today only had to delete one questionable link, one off-topic thread, and a few objectionable terms.

posted Hide Post