Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What Short Story Was It

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Short Story Was It
 Login/Join

posted
It was about a group of school children were taken to the 'past" to witness a Halloween party and they wind up disappearing into the party crowd?

Posts: 3 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 06 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Time in Thy Flight," which can be found in S is for Space and possibly other collections.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's also in the following collections:

1. Classic Stories 2 (1990)

2. A Medicine for Melancholy and Other Stories (1998)

3. Bradbury Stories (2003)

4. Ray Bradbury Stories, Volume 2 (2008).

Note that numbers 1 and 2 are the same book, retitled. The same applies to no. 3 and 4. No. 4 is a UK-only publication. If you go hunting for used paperbacks, you're most likely to find S Is for Space or Classic Stories 2.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU!! It was driving me crazy

Posts: 3 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 06 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're welcome and glad to see you here!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
Note that numbers 1 and 2 are the same book, retitled. The same applies to no. 3 and 4. No. 4 is a UK-only publication. If you go hunting for used paperbacks, you're most likely to find S Is for Space or Classic Stories 2.

And THAT drives ME crazy! I had read all the stories BEFORE the "Classic" collections came out and didn't know where on the list to count the books! And NO introductions so I couldn't just read those and count the date I read them! I guess I'll have to learn exact publication dates and list them there...though as the list is chronological it will mean renumbering from that point on...Grrrr!

posted Hide Post
lol- I already went on Amazon and ordered s is for space. I know that I had it, but (sob) a bunch of books I've had since I was a pre-teen/teen have "gone missing" and I'm trying to get back some of my favorites. Thank You again- you sound like a Bradbury scholar

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dog Lover:
lol- I already went on Amazon and ordered s is for space. I know that I had it, but (sob) a bunch of books I've had since I was a pre-teen/teen have "gone missing" and I'm trying to get back some of my favorites. Thank You again- you sound like a Bradbury scholar

I pretty well pass for one and am well acquainted with the names of those who are!