Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I can't find this Ray story...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I can't find this Ray story...
 Login/Join

posted
I was looking for the story, short or long, that involed children who were at school. They children could only go outside very rarely when it wasn't raining. I think the title was "The Day the Sun was Shining" or something of the sort. I know a girl was locked up for soemthing. I really would like to know more about it thank you.

Thalia Orean<br />"Too Weak to Live, Too Strong to Die."

Posts: 3 | Location: United States | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's called "All Summer in a Day."

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This seems to be one of Ray's most asked-about stories, from what I've seen on the booksleuth board. It can be found in the short story collections "A Medicine for Melancholy" and "Twice 22," and was first published in "The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction" in March of 1954.

Posts: 85 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you I really got started iwht Ray Bradbury after that story.

Thalia Orean<br />"Too Weak to Live, Too Strong to Die."

Posts: 3 | Location: United States | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only is it his most asked-for story, people ask for the film as well. The video should be made more available.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 11-year old is reading that in her sixth grade English class. It�s in her textbook, and she can't wait to get to it.

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post