Ray Bradbury Forums
"Something Wicked This Way Comes," Where was it filmed?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/3211039901

30 October 2017, 04:51 PM
Something Wicked
"Something Wicked This Way Comes," Where was it filmed?
quote:
Originally posted by Something Wicked:
Update: Google Maps has revealed another possible film location for the aforementioned cemetery seen twice in the movie. The Pleasant View Cemetery in Morrisville, VT could also be a possible shot location. As was the case with the other possible location, Google Maps Street View offered very limited vantage points. I did discover that freezing the frame where Charles Holloway is running through the cemetery during the lightning flash makes more of the surrounding area visible and possibly a curved dirt/gravel road in the background. With this new-found info, I can confidently say that I still have no ****ing clue where the exact place of these shots is located.

29 September 2020, 05:33 PM
Something Wicked
I (finally) found the cemetery used in two shots of "Something Wicked..." It's the Smiley Cemetery located two miles south of Waterville, VT on 109. Going off of satellite images, it appears to be an old, small, family cemetery located behind a towing company and a couple houses. The landscape, dirt road, number of headstones and their positions match the movie scenes perfectly. Granted, this "discovery" is pretty insignificant considering the film location was used for two shots that account for less than 15 seconds of the movie. At the same time, knowing there's part of the film that exists that wasn't a Hollywood movie set can be kind of comforting for the few of us that love this beautiful film.