Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    NY Times Magazine looking for vintage Bradbury paperback covers

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NY Times Magazine looking for vintage Bradbury paperback covers
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I'm a photo editor at the NY Times Magazine and I'm searching for someone who has a collection of vintage Bradbury paperbacks that we could photograph for a story we are doing about him. If you have a good collection of his books with cool, 50s-70s cover art, please email me at amy.kellner@nytimes.com and hopefully we could work out a way to photograph your books, and credit you of course.

Thank you,
Amy

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi amyk,

if you don't get any volunteers for this, you might want to try contacting some of the places that hold good collections of Bradbury books, for example:

Center for Ray Bradbury Studies - Indiana University, Indianapolis

J.Lloyd Eaton Collection - University of California, Riverside

Both of these are a Google search away!

You might also want to contact Prof Donn Albright of the Pratt Institute in New York; he is Bradbury's official archivist.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, that is really helpful.
Best,
Amy

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew Phil would shine here. A few samples were sent from my collection, with best wishes and inquiry as to the theme of the article.
Hope items got some ideas going!

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spam post deleted from here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She seemed so sincere...

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
She seemed so sincere...

Just to be clear, it wasn't Amy who posted the spam, it was someone else!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Yes! I caught the post just before it "vanished". I knew Phil would be ready with the mallet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4r5uHlkyPs