Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Need Homework Help?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Homework Help?
 Login/Join

posted
If you are coming to this site to ask us to do your homework, please consult your teacher for help. Everyone participating in this forum wish to discuss Ray, not teach you about him. We are more than willing to help those with a general curiosity who wish to learn more for themselves. If the only reason you are posting a message here is to get the expertise of seasoned Bradbury addicts so as to pass your english class, then try reading the story again.

[This message has been edited by e_swingr (edited 05-20-2002).]

Posts: 12 | Registered: 26 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you are a jerk if you like bradbury so much you should be glad to help someone who needs information about him

peace

Posts: 1 | Location: statecollege, pa, usa | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe what we need is a separate homework-help forum. Then people who don't want to read these topics don't have to look at them.

(And please don't call people jerks in a public forum, even if they are. If it doesn't offend the person you meant it for, it might offend some other reader. If you are upset, you could put it like this or this instead.)

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IF I see a question coming in -- whether for homework or personal interest -- and I can help, I will. (See my reply to "Dwarf")

Many people have gotten interested in Bradbury through school assignments. If you (a forum participant) see an inquiry you don't want to reply to, don't reply to it.

I think part of the point of the Bradbury page is to introduce new readers to his power and depth, and to the sheer joy and humanity of his writing.

My view is that if someone has questions about a story/character/theme of Bradbury, they should post away. Those who can help and want to, can then reply. Those who don't want to reply, can choose not to reply.

I concur with the idea that name-calling is inappropriate to a forum like this.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post