Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Lost Bradbury: Forgotten Tales of Ray Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Lost Bradbury: Forgotten Tales of Ray Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone know what this book contains?
http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Bra...ywords=lost+bradbury

Glenn

Posts: 1 | Registered: 20 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The table of contents indicates 13 stories, some never previously collected. I'll wait till the rest of the definitive collections come out, thanks.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Hrothgar, and welcome.

If you click on the "look inside!" link on that Amazon page, you can view the table of contents of the book - and also quite a few of the pages.

It looks to me as if the compiler of this book has attempted to assemble stories which are out of copyright (that way, they get to keep all $16.95 of the asking price without paying a penny to Bradbury's estate). I'm not sure they have actually succeeded in this, because I think some of them might have had their copyrights renewed. (For example, I suspect that "I, Mars" is copyrighted still, but under the variant title "Night Call, Collect".)

None of these stories is actually "lost", since they have all appeared in other books in recent years.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple have not come out in the Collected Stories yet but should soon.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Amazon page loads code... I can't seem to find a story list anywhere.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this an e-book only release? There is so little information online about this. I am curious to see what stories are included.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems to have been removed from Amazon.com, but here are the details from Barnes and Noble:

Product Details
BN ID: 2940043341563
Publisher: Wonder Audiobooks, LLC
Publication date: 10/4/2010
Sold by: Barnes & Noble
Format: eBook
Sales rank: 63,558
File size: 227 KB

posted Hide Post
An ebook, thank you Dandelion. I will need to hunt down that story list.

posted Hide Post
Maybe the copyright issue got the book withdrawn.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a few years, this has been available as an e-book from Fictionwise (a Barnes and Noble company). Although Fictionwise has recently ceased operations, the e-book appears to still be available as a Nook Book from Barnes and Noble. At the end of 2012, an Amazon listing appeared for a printed paperback edition. Before attempting to buy this volume as a gift to me, my relative noted the contents and surreptitiously consulted me about the purchase. The listing on Amazon disappeared before the volume could be bought, so I am unable to give first-hand knowledge of the contents. However, here is what my relative wrote down:

Hollerbochen's Dilemma
The Pendulum
Luana the Living
The Candle
The Ducker
Lazarus Come Forth
Undersea Guardians
Defense Mech
Final Victim
Tomorrow and Tomorrow
Jonah of the Jove-Run
Rocket Summer
I, Mars

Posts: 2 | Registered: 01 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks Candy Skull! This is actually a nice little collection of older "uncollected" titles. I am fairly certain that these have since appeard in various publications, but a great list of titles nonetheless!