Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Not an Idiot

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not an Idiot
 Login/Join

posted
This is my first post here and probably my only one. I just want to say that I think Mr. Bradbury (of whom I have been a fan of years) has gone a bit far with this whole Farenheit 9/11 thing. He's just an old, old man who hasn't been heard from in ages and is using this for publicity, IMHO. He should look at it has a homage and not something that needs to be apologized for. What's next? Why hasn't he asked for an apology from the people who make the Harry Potter movies? I seem to recall that with their 3rd movie that just recently came out, their tagline is 'Something Wicked This Way Comes'. Of course, it's all political and I would bet my life that Mr. Bradbury is a Republican. I, for one, will never read another Ray Bradbury book. Go back to your rocking chair, old man and enjoy the publicity YOUR book is probably getting from Mr. Moore's movie. I bet your books sales have gone up recently. Be happy with that and stop being such a Republican bully. Shame on you. I used to admire you, now I just feel sorry for you.

~An EX Bradbury fan

Posts: 1 | Location: laurie.coby@verizon.net | Registered: 23 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lasuco

Sorry to hear you have been out of touch with Ray's recent accomplishments and works. It's easy when you are doing other things.

The prestigious 'National Book Awards' presented Ray with the highest honor in New York. Hosted by Steve Martin, it was quite an event.

Earlier this year a gathering of movie people and Theatre West honored Ray at the California ScienCenter.

Ray continues to have his short stories appear in text books across the country, where he is required reading in many classrooms today. Ironically, "Fahrenheit 451" was picked as the book to read in Los Angeles, and wound up on California's Best Seller list.

Ray has several of his plays on stage somewhere, nearly always, either on college campuses, or on European stage. Or regular stage.

Recently he has had two plays produced by his own theater company, '''Pandemonium Players'''. Currently he has his play, 'Next in Line', on stage in Los Angeles, and it runs thru the middle of July, 2004.

His recent work on movies include Mel Gibon's Icon Production of 'Fahrenheit 451'. Also Ray's short story turned to motion picture, 'Sound of Thunder' has been completed and will be released at the end of summer.

New books, include 'The Cats Pajamas' which is out this month. Check out Amazon.com to order.

Ray is working on several other plays, a couple new books, as well as keeping tabs on an 'authorized biography' by Sam Weller, a Chicago writer and teacher.

Well, this, a partial list, to begin with...

So, lasuco, tell us a little about yourself and what first attracted you to Bradbury's writings.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 06-24-2004).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! All members of the Ray Bradbury message board community NARD KORDELL is a true champion, and winner. If you post something that he doesn't like he will shame you with his wit and smarts, so badly that you will cry. Again I repeat NARD KORDELL is a true champion.

Posts: 15 | Location: Carson, CA USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nard, for summing it up so nicely. Saved me a lot of typing, not only in Ray's defense, but simply for the sake of accuracy!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pindik:
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! All members of the Ray Bradbury message board community NARD KORDELL is a true champion, and winner. If you post something that he doesn't like he will shame you with his wit and smarts, so badly that you will cry. Again I repeat NARD KORDELL is a true champion.

Nard had facts. What do you have?

Posts: 102 | Location: El Paso, TX. USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Faler:

I think 'pindik' had a scary moment. I think he's doing fine now.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, I think he had a revelation he only mistook for sarcasm.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post