Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "FallingUpward" opening Feb 26 2009

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"FallingUpward" opening Feb 26 2009
 Login/Join

posted
To all Lads and Lassies!

St Patrick's Day is not the only day
that you can be a wee bit Irish.

Coming soon, Ray Bradbury is producing his play FALLING UPWARD which will truly turn you Irish as you enter Country Kildare and Heeber Finn's ... the one true Irish Pub at the El Portal Theatre, February 26 through April 5, 2009 . With Pat Harrington and ...

"Using a group of 24 seasoned theatre professionals in the all-male cast, the evening’s performance proved to be some of the finest two hours in LA theater. Yet the spotlight seemed built for Pat Harrington, one of the most gifted and generous performers seen to grace the stage. This must-see show is not just a chance to catch a bit of Bradbury but a view toward the Irish having more than a clue as to what makes life the very best... LA'S THE PLACE

So join in the Merriment!

Preview Nights - Thurs 2/26 and Fri 2/27
and all seats are just a mere $20.00.

The Gala Opening night, Saturday 2/28, where
Mr Ray Bradbury will be in the audience
and a Red Carpet Event you will not want to miss. Seats are $40 side/ $50 center.

On Sunday, March 15th, we will have a
St. Patrick's Day celebration extraordinare!
Seats are $30 side / $40 center.

Remember, Mr Bradbury may pop in at anytime to catch this show.

For more reviews and information visit:
www.raybradburysfallingupward.com
Ray Bradbury's Falling Upward

Posts: 1 | Registered: 31 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you that have not seen this play before, it is worth a cross-country trip. Simply delighful.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today was the closing performance of Falling Upward. Mr. B was in attendance as were many close friends of his, among them were: Donn Albright, Sam Weller, John Eller, Irv Kershner and John Miller plus the one and only NARD.

Let us hope that Nard is able to post a few photos for us...

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Today was the closing performance of Falling Upward. Mr. B was in attendance as were many close friends of his, among them were: Donn Albright, Sam Weller, John Eller, Irv Kershner and John Miller plus the one and only NARD.

Yeah - today Michael Prichard told me that they were there and that Kersh was as well. I hope he's doing well.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a rough-cut short video from the FALLING UPWARD play festivities in the afternoon of
April 5, 2009. Some of the actors gather around Ray after the final performance, and sing a bit of an Irish tune. Wait! A pause! Ray is still signing books! After the final flourish of the pen, the singing continues...

If you can spot them: in the crowd Ray's biographer, Sam Weller; Jon Eller, finishing up a 3 volume biography of Ray; and Donn Albright, editor of several of Ray's books.

click on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-InzYrFOn5g

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Here is a rough-cut short video from the FALLING UPWARD play festivities in the afternoon of
April 5, 2009.

Looks like y'all had a lot of fun, but I still don't think I would have traded my yesterday for it.

I dearly love that song.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
April 5, 2009.

Except for the first three seconds, where I appear, the video was wonderful. Wink
I'm glad you could join in the fun.

_________________________________________________________________[/QUOTE]

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
So you say Weller, Eller, and Miller were there?

Stellar!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

Stellar!

As was Kordell, oh well.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
As was Kordell, oh well.

LM(something)AO!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

Stellar!

As was Kordell, oh well.

And jkt, I see.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
And jkt, I see.

There is always a down-side to every event. Wink

John King Tarpinian