Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    i need to know how many legs the mechanical dog has in f-451

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

i need to know how many legs the mechanical dog has in f-451
 Login/Join

posted
i need to know how many legs the mechanical dog has in f-451 can u plz help i dont have alot of time

Posts: 2 | Location: usa | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet if you opened the book and did a quick skim, you'd find the answer.

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yestermorrow:
I bet if you opened the book and did a quick skim, you'd find the answer.

i dont have the book any more i gave it back in

Posts: 2 | Location: usa | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had always assumed four, but never gave it much thought. Any reason it would have something other than four?

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Light flickered on bits of ruby glass and on sensitive capillary hairs in the nylon-brushed nostrils of the creature that quivered gently, gently, its eight legs spidered under it on rubber-padded paws." (p. 24, Ballantine Books 50th Anniversary Edition)

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool description.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now we know how to post pictures to this message board, I can summon up this depiction of the Mechanical Hound (from the UK stage premiere of F451 last year):

I'm not sure how many legs this version has!

- Phil

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 04-09-2004).]

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It kinda looks like six.
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmskipper:
"Light flickered on bits of ruby glass and on sensitive capillary hairs in the nylon-brushed nostrils of the creature that quivered gently, gently, its eight legs spidered under it on rubber-padded paws." (p. 24, Ballantine Books 50th Anniversary Edition)

*snickers at the simplicity to the answer-READ THE BOOK *

<font color=navy>~Melody D.</font>

Posts: 16 | Location: Lancaster, CA, USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post