Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    his photos

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

his photos
 Login/Join

posted
Maybe it's not a news, but i'll tell:

On the site corbis.com there are recent photos or Ray Bradbury. (24 january).

Enjoy.

Posts: 105 | Location: orenburg, russian federation | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
elron:

Wow! That's great! Wonderful pictures. With so many cameas clicking away thru the years there must be tons of pictures of Ray out there...But these are wonderful to look at... Thanks, elron...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the latest photos. That is what the most interesting.

Actually year ago there were much more pictures or Ray. Maybe 4 pages or so. (today only 2 pages with 30 pictures).

I've got 90 pictures of him in my collection.

Posts: 105 | Location: orenburg, russian federation | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are having a bit of trouble locating these great pics, try this:
http://pro.corbis.com/search/searchFrame.asp

Type Ray Bradbury in the search window.

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 02-04-2004).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
One of the pitures on elron's site (also seen on the Corbis site) is this, of Ray holding an Emmy award:
http://www.raybradbury.ru/photo/rb55.jpg

I've enlarged the image, but can't quite read the inscription. I've also searched the official Emmy website and found that Ray has never received a "proper" Emmy. The Emmy site doesn't allow searches for "daytime Emmys", which is what I assume this award must be.

Does anyone know what Ray's award is for? Could it be for The Halloween Tree?

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I believe the Emmy is for THE HALLOWEEN TREE.

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or is it for...
Icarus Montgolfier Wright ?

(Come to think of it, maybe it was an Oscar Nomination on that one...

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 02-06-2004).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all,

That's for DAYTIME EMMYS. THE HALLOWEEN TREE

Take Care
Patrick

[This message has been edited by FH 451 (edited 02-06-2004).]

Posts: 89 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, that settles THAT one !

posted Hide Post
Indeed! Thanks Patrick, and everyone else who chipped in.

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Patrick, it must have been a thrill driving him back after picking up that shiny little prize!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably others have seen this.
I didn't.
Maybe others haven't either.
But there's lots and lots of pictures of Ray on 'Google', in the 'Image' section of Google.

Go to Google.

And the little icon where it says, Images, click on that... and type in 'Ray Bradbury' in space provided.

Presto!
Lots of stuff I never saw before...and there are pages of them...

posted Hide Post
Nard,

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know about this feature of Google. Just spent a pleasant time browsing the Bradbury photos. Then plugged in some other authors' names and had a good time with those, too. (Fortunately, my safeguards are set at "medium safe" so I minimized the more hits on people suffering "wardrobe malfunctions.")

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post