Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Word of the day besides "murmur".
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Word of the day besides "murmur".
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I would bite, but I already know the answer.

Clue: look at the top of the page.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding / fjp451:
That's not the end of it.

If you click on the "hompage" it'll take you to the main page (of course)...but if you click on Message Board icon there, it takes you to something that says...
"...if not "forworded"..in 5 seconds."

Forworded

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Forworded

That's funny - it should say "forrywarded!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know what they say, "Forworded is four-armed."

I think the webmaster is Inspector Clouseau.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My four word response:
"Foreword" seems more ironic.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Conserve"

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/southern-ocean-...id=NWS00010000000001
Does this article and the accompanying photos sound like a "City" or Planet just waiting to get even? Hopefully, we are not walking the streets unaware of the dangers beneath our very feet.

Like the prayers were can all say for others (in any language), so too we need to quietly and loudly take efforts to turn this tide.

"Conserve"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eta Carinae

fjp451. The carbon dioxide build-up is reported everywhere. But who knows what 'stuff' lurks in the heart of the Galaxy? Here's an item, should it officially blow it's top, would kill any astronauts in space, and severely damage the ozone layer, plus a list of other things. It's called Eta Carinae. http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eta_Carinae . Reading several science accounts, it's one of those things that can happen NOW, or in a million years. It doubled its brightness between 1998-99, and currently can be seen without telescope.

On a more down to earth item, I was amazed the other day to come across a map of just the United States designated with tiny airplane figures, the number of jets at any one time in the air: Thousands. Talk about air-pollution.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lacuna

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lacuna

great

beaches!

posted Hide Post
Hey, Philnic!! How about "Skimmington?"

posted Hide Post
How about it? Is it meant to mean something to me, fjp?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, well, not "you" personally, I wouldn't think. But, culturally in the vernacular:

Perhaps the name of some notorius scold.
A word employed in the phrase, To ride Skimmington; that is to ride on a horse with a woman, but behind her, facing backward, carrying a distaff, and accompanied by a procession of jeering neighbors making mock music; a cavalcade in ridicule of a henpecked man. The custom was in vogue in parts of England.

posted Hide Post
That's a new one on me, fjp. I'll try to slip it into polite conversation some day.

My word of the day: widdershins.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Deasil!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cherish

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post