Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Word of the day besides "murmur".
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Word of the day besides "murmur".
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Umbrage

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Pataphysics

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glabrous

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SPELUNKING!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20070402/sc_space/possibl...rgetsinsearchforlife

How far are we from "The Green Morning?"

Sundance: Just read "Drummer Boy of Shiloh" in class this a.m. There is a reference to the peach blossoms as a comparison to the drummer's (glabrous) youth. Yes!?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Butch, glabrous is smooth, hairless, usually used in describing baldness...

posted Hide Post
somnambulism

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DARKLE.
When I first saw it I thought it was made up(and very well done, I loved the way I SAW it) surprised when I looked it up. I use it when I can.

Posts: 3 | Location: Longmont, CO | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Word of the day is quiescent, as in "it's awful quiescent around here since yesterday noon."

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mimzy is a good word

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
psycho~just finished watching it...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
myopic

posted Hide Post
Pulitzer! (pronounced "pull-it-sir")

HEY, Sundannnnnce!?!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rare, as in "my New York Strip is too rare!"

That's an inside joke known only to those attendees of the 2007 Ecumenical Council of San Juan Capistrano - I know - we changed the meeting place at the last minute.

(That was to keep the conservatives out! [I'm only funning, Mr Kordell - you were sorely missed!])

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
pull-it-sir

Hey now! This is a family board.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Word of the Day

'Cadwallader'

"Oh, that's just the name I'm using THIS week, Mr Bedeker. It has a good feel on the tongue, don't you think? Cadwallader..."

Courtesy of Thomas Gomez and The Twilight Zone. Smiler

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post