Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Word of the day besides "murmur".
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Word of the day besides "murmur".
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
mysophobia

(inspired by a Rocky & Grassy conversation on another thread)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
flummoxed

(by frozen cavity probing therapeutic devices...)

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some entirely new words have been turning up on the board. At least, they are new. I *think* they're words.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phantasmagoria.

Lewis Caroll!!!!!

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and The Damned.

(The band.)

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
atavistic

posted Hide Post
Gosling.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
go-(look it up, it reads like a long piece of scripture, I was amazed)

posted Hide Post
batrachian

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
whiz!

posted Hide Post
Ah, yes! Sam Langhorne's "Celebrated Jumping Batrachian":

"Why, blame my cats, if he don't weigh five pound!" and turned him upside down, and he belched out a double handful of shot."
http://www.randform.org/blog/?p=786

I think we were in town that day, Sundance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
clandestine: as in

"He thought he was being clandestine as he put the Whamo frisbee surreptitiously in his shoe(he's a clown, of course)that day at Walmart."

posted Hide Post
Frisbees in clown shoes? Hmm. Could damage the Bozone layer...

posted Hide Post
In the Zone, Bo -- http://www.larryharmonpictures.com/images/bozo.jpg

We're in the Lake Effect "zone." So, my word for the day is "blizzard." How does 75" - 88" of the white stuff sound in the last four days?
http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=1e440b9e-2bdb-42a7-80...03995e1f5&f=&fg=copy

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoa, Nellie!