Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Word of the day besides "murmur".
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Word of the day besides "murmur".
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
hullabaloo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
experiential

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shindig.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peradventure.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good one, it didn't mean remotely what I anticipated it to mean. "Perhaps"...

>solicitous

posted Hide Post
Pedagogue.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fruity & Fortuitous

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a phrase that is almost always misunderstood, hence misused, today:
To "beg the question". Check it out.
Another is "I could care less", which should be "I couldn't care less."

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Irregardless of what you say, BrII, most could care less of such linguistic malpractices.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Irregardless"
Aaaaarrrrrgh!

posted Hide Post
What? A sensor has been struck in BrII's circuitry!

posted Hide Post
gratitude

I'm grateful to Ray Bradbury for having the strength and fortitude to follow his dream and give us a glimpse of his world through his magnificent stories. He's the greatest! Thank you forever!

posted Hide Post
Pyx.
(Great Scrabble word!)

posted Hide Post
vessel: as in, "This vessel is rockin in the angry tumultuous sea, and I love it baby!"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

<Teh Bradbury>
posted
know what the word of the day should be....

Ray Bradbury

Reply With QuoteReport This Post