Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Word of the day besides "murmur".
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Word of the day besides "murmur".
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Spanish inquisition pope innocent? haha. Wonderful

on a side note, I have trouble spelling religion 'religion'

I always playfully want to spell it Relijun.

Would anyone get mad if I did that? Don't eat me.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sugar.

thats my word today.

Sugar. Sure like the word "sugar"

Makes me happy.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO68fUMWx3g

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!

For Christmas, I got The Compleat Monty Python on DVD!

My word of the day is compleat.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Compleat is a good word.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Compleat is a good word.

Especially when it compleats a collection.

Now look at this - my spell checker is telling me 'compleat' is misspelled, but we know better, do we not?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and mine chokes when I type "Here There Be Tygers". Who programs these things??

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WildGravity, I once visited Sugartit, S.C. I even got a hat out of it.

My word of the day is "penchant".

I have a strong penchant for collecting watches, among many other things, mostly shiny(yes, I am a childish packrat) especially if it is unique in some way. An upscale watch store in the mall is going out of business here this week and they have watches for 75 percent off. I bought three. Two of them have double faces for showing two time zones. I set one to California time(it runs a little fast) and I want to set the other one to Paris time. Anyone know what time it is in Paris, France?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You said sugartit.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
I set one to California time(it runs a little fast)...

Yeah - we do that out here.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
Anyone know what time it is in Paris, France?

No, but I can tell you what time it is in Paris, Kentucky - will that do?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
My daughter had it on her i-pod, Paris, FRANCE is exactly six hours ahead of Louisville slow time...

When someone asks me what time it is, I want to reply, "Paris or local time". Question: Is there anything an i-pod won't do these days?
There's a punch line here somewhere...

word:lethargic

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haha. Sugartit.

Placentas my word today.

a teacher said it early this morning and it gave me the giggle-fits.

posted Hide Post
That's ironic, I used to live in Placentia, Ca. Now, I'm having a giggling fit.

mine today:snowflake

posted Hide Post
Scherenschnitte !

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post