Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Word of the day besides "murmur".
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Word of the day besides "murmur".
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Oh Kay. Okay. Okeh. O.K.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II
Scroll little more than 3/4ths down, (right before the Question, Have computers been a benefit?) and find where Bradbury mentions Bill Gates in the attached older "Onion" interview link. I doubt if Ray ever really met Bill Gates, however. Anybody have any other indication?
http://www.avclub.com/content/node/24261

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Oh Kay. Okay. Okeh. O.K.

Exactly!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
Have computers been a benefit?

O: Have computers been a benefit?

RB: Yes and no. It depends on how you use it. Some things you use it for, searching for certain kinds of facts, are good. But if you're not careful, it turns into just one more toy.

O: It is a good way for people to share certain passions.

RB: That's a lot of nonsense. Go out and meet people! Don't get on a machine and do it.

Uh-oh. We're in trouble now!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lucubration

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't say that here B-Two! Haha

>~pantheism

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
~apathy

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wicked

(I just moved to Boston, started re-reading "Something Wicked...", and bought a ticket for the musical of the same name. Seemed appropriate.)

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
palimpsest

posted Hide Post
palimpsest

I just copied, cut, and pasted your "palimpsest" via my high tech computer. Some things never change!

(Have you ever heard someone state that something is, "same but different!"?)

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes! Another is "same difference", which can, however be used correctly, e.g. comparing the results of subtracting 10 from 15 with the results of subtracting 20 from 25.

posted Hide Post
Codology

BrrrII...(fall rrreally arrrived in our foothills last night):
You must have studied "codology" at one time or 'nother!

The chill of the eve creates this:
http://www.scubamom.com/travels/fallfoliage/falleaf1.jpg

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BrII, that is meant in a good Irish humor sort of way, of course!!

posted Hide Post
Begorra!

posted Hide Post
slapstick

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=488780917170531...ype=search&plindex=8

If you're feeling a bit down, this should get you up! I was in tears.