Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Word of the day besides "murmur".
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Word of the day besides "murmur".
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hijinx???

Nix that, my fingers were too fast, I think.

Is some form of "hijinx" a word? I can't find it in the dictionary.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
O.K! Here's one. What six letter word is comrpised of just two letters which are next to each other in the alphabet (obviously the letters are used more than once.)

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prognathous.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocky, that's it! You win! Hijinks, actually.
I think I heard Pixie and Dixie say it more than once...

Dandy, I know a guy who's not only prognathous but exophthalmic to boot!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could it be hijinks? Is it slang??

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!!!! You beat me to the punch!!! Is it sunshine, or Butch. Way to go!!!

I didn't realize that you posted the above when I wrote that, that was a strange immediate feeling.

posted Hide Post
"...Is it unshine, or Butch..."

Sundance, actually, but I like "unshine" - reminds me of two Bradbury tales...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops, sorry B-Two. Now for Biplanes query.

15 min. later, I'm stumped so far....

posted Hide Post
Hey there Pard!! "Bookkeeper" it is. Sure enough on a RB site "keeper of the books""

Right you are rocket. *See my " " from the earlier post. (Get it?)

biplane, do proper nouns count? King "Tut-tut"

I always find Mercutio's intention of going home to his "truckle bed" a bit humorous. Phew...these inquiries at times leave me flummoxed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
I think I heard Pixie and Dixie say it more than once...

Pixie & Dixie! Thanks for a blast from the past - haven't seen them in ages!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pixie and Dixie? I hate those meeces to peeces.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When they were all very young wannabees, were they the "Pixie Dixie Chicks"?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane, is your mystery word "deeded" ?

Ah, yes, Pixie and Dixie...The early Hanna-Barbera cartoons were good. I liked the old stock background music - and where would we be without Daws Butler?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
...The early Hanna-Barbera cartoons were good. I liked the old stock background music...

Wonderful! And the stock background! Remember how, as characters are walking, they constantly walk past the same scenes over and over? The Flintstones were particularly bad about it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, Undance! What are the 2 tales?
(Golden Apples of the Sun, Fruit at the Bottom of the Bowl)