Ray Bradbury Forums
Word of the day besides "murmur".

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/3071013482

13 May 2007, 08:37 PM
Doug Spaulding
Word of the day besides "murmur".
I would bite, but I already know the answer.

Clue: look at the top of the page.

"Live Forever!"
13 May 2007, 08:59 PM
Nard Kordell
Doug Spaulding / fjp451:
That's not the end of it.

If you click on the "hompage" it'll take you to the main page (of course)...but if you click on Message Board icon there, it takes you to something that says...
"...if not "forworded"..in 5 seconds."

Forworded
13 May 2007, 10:50 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Forworded

That's funny - it should say "forrywarded!

"Live Forever!"
14 May 2007, 12:51 AM
philnic
You know what they say, "Forworded is four-armed."

I think the webmaster is Inspector Clouseau.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
14 May 2007, 05:28 AM
fjp451
My four word response:
"Foreword" seems more ironic.
19 May 2007, 07:13 AM
fjp451
"Conserve"

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/southern-ocean-...id=NWS00010000000001
Does this article and the accompanying photos sound like a "City" or Planet just waiting to get even? Hopefully, we are not walking the streets unaware of the dangers beneath our very feet.

Like the prayers were can all say for others (in any language), so too we need to quietly and loudly take efforts to turn this tide.

"Conserve"
19 May 2007, 12:11 PM
embroiderer
Eta Carinae

fjp451. The carbon dioxide build-up is reported everywhere. But who knows what 'stuff' lurks in the heart of the Galaxy? Here's an item, should it officially blow it's top, would kill any astronauts in space, and severely damage the ozone layer, plus a list of other things. It's called Eta Carinae. http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eta_Carinae . Reading several science accounts, it's one of those things that can happen NOW, or in a million years. It doubled its brightness between 1998-99, and currently can be seen without telescope.

On a more down to earth item, I was amazed the other day to come across a map of just the United States designated with tiny airplane figures, the number of jets at any one time in the air: Thousands. Talk about air-pollution.
22 May 2007, 07:00 AM
Braling II
Lacuna
22 May 2007, 07:28 AM
fjp451
Lacuna

great

beaches!
23 May 2007, 07:19 AM
fjp451
Hey, Philnic!! How about "Skimmington?"
24 May 2007, 12:54 AM
philnic
How about it? Is it meant to mean something to me, fjp?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
24 May 2007, 04:46 AM
fjp451
Phil, well, not "you" personally, I wouldn't think. But, culturally in the vernacular:

Perhaps the name of some notorius scold.
A word employed in the phrase, To ride Skimmington; that is to ride on a horse with a woman, but behind her, facing backward, carrying a distaff, and accompanied by a procession of jeering neighbors making mock music; a cavalcade in ridicule of a henpecked man. The custom was in vogue in parts of England.
24 May 2007, 12:48 PM
philnic
That's a new one on me, fjp. I'll try to slip it into polite conversation some day.

My word of the day: widdershins.

- Phil

24 May 2007, 02:12 PM
Braling II
Deasil!
25 May 2007, 07:05 PM
rocket
cherish

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com