Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    help help please-must find title

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help help please-must find title
 Login/Join

posted
Hi- I am searching for a story that I read as a child-definately Bradbury. It is, as I remember about a place-I believe on another planet where the sun only comes out once a year. A young boy waits for this day-but when the sun finally passes he is locked in the closet by his classmates. Does anybody know the title of the story and what collection it can be found in? Let me know if you have any ideas-thank you

Posts: 2 | Location: los angeles, CA, USA | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"All Summer in a Day" is in "A Medicine for Melancholy" and related collections, such as "Twice 22" and probably one of the "Classic Stories" paperbacks, as well as "The Stories of Ray Bradbury." It is, hands down, the most-remembered, most-described, most-requested of his stories, at least here on the message board!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you so much-can I find the collection at any bookstore? If it is the most requested I suppose I can-I hope it is not obscure. If you think not let me know-thanks again for the quick response

Posts: 2 | Location: los angeles, CA, USA | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
check in amazon.com

Posts: 73 | Location: portugal | Registered: 10 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was this made into a short film? Or is it just I remember it so vividly...?

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I answered my own question. And the answer is "yes"--
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0195517

Unfortunately, and like so much of Bradbury's film and tv work, this title doesn't seem to be available.

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post