Ray Bradbury Forums
Summer Morning, Summer Night?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/3011014053

08 December 2007, 11:23 PM
hen8wen
Summer Morning, Summer Night?
Anyone know about the 50th anniv edition
of Dandelion Wine being published in Britain?
Details here: http://news.pspublishing.co.uk/?p=86&akst_action=share-this
It includes an accompanying volume titled
Summer Morning, Summer Night, which includes
all the other Greentown stories, including
some never before published! Anyone know if
this is UK only, and what about the TOC for
the companion volume?

Glenn
10 December 2007, 04:59 AM
fjp451
That looks great, Hen8! But where have you been for the past four years, nearly to the day!?

Write on, RB! And on and on and...
10 December 2007, 12:03 PM
philnic
hen8wen, PS show US dollar prices on their website, and I'm sure they would be more than willing to ship overseas. However, everyone should read the web page VERY CAREFULLY: it takes several readings to figure out that the ONLY edition that includes SUMMER MORNING SUMMER NIGHT is the DELUXE slipcased edition...which costs:

seven
hundred
and
fifty
dollars

Gulp!

Even expressed in British pounds, it makes me gulp

(three
hundred
and
seventy-
five
pounds)

(Gulp!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
03 January 2008, 01:25 PM
philnic
Reviews have begun to appear for SUMMER MORNING, SUMMER NIGHT. There's quite a nice explanatory one here:

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/books/sfw17719.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
04 January 2008, 06:41 AM
biplane1
Thanks Phil for the link. Very interesting. I still find it amazing that Ray is still producing such a variety of books and new publications such as the aforementioned. I bet a lot of present day authors would love to have the activity and revenue that these various "projects" are producing. And to think, Ray is wildly and happily in the centre of it all.
04 January 2008, 03:44 PM
Richard
Critic Gary K. Wolfe, in the January 2008 issue of LOCUS MAGAZINE, also gave a complementary review to SUMMER MORNING, SUMMER NIGHT, and expressed his hope that this collection of vintage Bradbury would be made available in a less expensive format for readers without the financial resources to purchase the deluxe, signed limited edition issued by PS Publishing.
04 January 2008, 08:50 PM
jkt
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
Critic Gary K. Wolfe, in the January 2008 issue of LOCUS MAGAZINE, also gave a complementary review to SUMMER MORNING, SUMMER NIGHT, and expressed his hope that this collection of vintage Bradbury would be made available in a less expensive format for readers without the financial resources to purchase the deluxe, signed limited edition issued by PS Publishing.

Richard: Please email me jkt@earthlink.net

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley