Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Marguerite Bradbury
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marguerite Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update, Sam. I almost felt as if I were there, at least for a few moments. And thank you for checking in, Zee. It's an honor to have you on board. Marriages like those of your parents and my parents (50 years) are an inspiration and a testament to true and abiding love. I hope you can find some kind of peace, Zee, at this difficult time. All of us here love your father and his work, and because your mother is an extension of that, and even the driving force behind it, we love her as well, and mourn her loss. God be with you.

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 11-29-2003).]

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Live while you live."

I know that Marguerite must have embraced this philosophy as much as Ray does every single minute in every thing he does.

So, so sorry...death is life's bitter P.S.

But Ray's optimism and driving creative energy will always win out. Even against death. And for that, the world is grateful.

Eternally grateful.

[This message has been edited by Green Shadow (edited 11-29-2003).]

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam Weller:

Thank You....
For all your updates and support....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May blessings of eternal peace reside within earth's departed.

DEATH IS NO MAIDEN

Death will call one day.
Its frail hand will open your door,
granting entry to an uninvited guest.

Heed the words of Death's survivor:

In hearing Death's call,
become mute to its pain.

In feeling its thunder,
remain calm within.

In refusing its company,
solidify your strength.

In trusting the Lord,
enter His embrace.

In following His Plan,
further destiny's call.

Death isn't child, man or maiden.
It isn't a beast we can destroy.
Death is a rite of passage,
empowered to bestow God's joy.

[This message has been edited by Celestial (edited 11-30-2003).]

Posts: 118 | Location: Gulfport. MS | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the years I have sent occasional notes, articles, and seasonal greetings to Mr. Bradbury. He has been so kind in his frequent responses. In each message I have always also extended the sincerest regards of my family to Mrs. Marguerite Bradbury. So the news of her passing is personally felt. (I was saddened last evening to read the posts here.)

Once while we were traveling in far northern Canada, we took a road that ran along a beautiful mountain lake named Marguerite. My wife and I discussed that this was Mrs. Bradbury's name. The irony of being at such a truly remote site and still finding a reminder of some influence from my Bradbury Experience was quite intriguing. Now my thoughts of Mrs. Bradbury and that crystal blue, pristine image will forever be inseparable.

A special prayer for the Bradbury family is being said. A life-long love, companion, friend, partner, or dedicated parent is the most perfect Blessing one could ever receive.

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please extend my deepest sympathies to Ray and his family. As a person who knows what it is to be happily married for a long, long time to someone so supportive, I both grieve his loss and celebrate the lovely life they shared.

I know Ray only through his body of work but even so, he's the reason I became a writer. God bless.

Lynn Flewelling

Posts: 2 | Location: East Aurora, NY USA | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just found out. I send my deepest love to everyone who knew and loved her. I know that anything that ailed her is cured now and I know she will be missed.

Posts: 194 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You all have expressed what I feel. my deepest sympaties to the Bradbury family.
Thank you.

Posts: 73 | Location: portugal | Registered: 10 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a bit of a manifestation of my ignorance, and most of you probably saw this. A friend of mine pointed out that Sam Weller has posted a memorial to Maggie. It is on the first page of this website. I did not see it because it is at the bottom of the page and I hadn't scrolled down (because I typically just come to the message boards). On my computer, I can't see that part of the page unless I scroll down. It is a nice tribute and has a few very cool B&W pictures of her.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Mr. Dark for the tip.

And thanks to you, Mr.Weller, for this wonderful tribute to Maggie Bradbury. I love how you seem to capture her verve and spirit. If this is any indication of the quality of your upcoming book, I will most certainly be standing in line. Your art and compassion are appreciated. Take good care of Ray.

[This message has been edited by Green Shadow (edited 12-08-2003).]

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark:

Make that two manifestations of ignorance. I didn't see it either. We're used to plugging into the message board without scouting around the rest of the page. So, I would have placed it elsewhere on the page. Thanks!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for pointing it out. It's usually enough to keep up with just the message boards, and, due to the frequent complaints that "this site is never updated," didn't seem necessary to keep checking other pages.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can anybody post or show url to photo of mrs. Bradbury?

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Sam, thank you so much for your news. I had the chance to meet both Ray and Maggie last Christmas after I wrote an essay in a national essay contest about Ray which actually won. He was gracious enough to not only read the essay, but allow me to drop by for a visit. I was devastated when I heard the news. Ray has written me in the past month, and he did not mention the passing of Maggie to me. I truly am heartbroken by the news, but thank you for keeping us updated.

Posts: 1 | Location: ft. wayne, IN, USA | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post