Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Knock, Knock...
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knock, Knock...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yes, but it's worse when an accident takes place near a cemetery, a crowd gathers, and you realize that's where it came from....

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ka-nock, Ka-nock.

Who's there?

Ray.

Ray who?

Ray for Bradbury!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that! Actually got an early morning chuckle!
This could be the start of something big, though. Ok. Here I go:
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Icing.
Icing who?
Icing the Body Electric!
(sorry!)

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't help but say hello to the old site and those who frequented it. Nostalgia is almost like wine, sweet and yet tart. Why did this old site have to fade away?

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Biplane,
Yup, there are a few of us stumbling about the old attic here.
By the way, thought you'd like to know: the etymology of "nostalgia" ?
Ache from the past!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh-oh...Looks like school's back in session.
First of probably many posts on the new board
just popped up asking for help on a book report on F451!
Here they come again!
Aaaiiieee!

posted Hide Post
Well, I thought I would delete this site from my Favorites column, and then I find it is still active. So, I will keep it a while.

Going to drive up to Glendale tomorrow, Sunday, to see Ray and get his new book signed. I read it already, since I bought it while on a visit to Berkeley Ca to see my daughter. So, I had to purchase something to get slot in the signing line, and I broke down and ordered a copy of the Ray harryhausen book :An Animated Life" which I have lusted after for a while now. I attended a screening of SWTWC at the FOX Theatre in San Pedro last year, and both Ray and Ray were there, so that was a special event for me. Why do I keep buying these books, I need help!
Regards to all the "OLD" friends here on the original site.

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask!

Hurray! What a neat thing tomorrow. Great!

Don't forget....to mention a 'BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY' to Ray in PERSON!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Mystery & Imagination Book Store had cake and a big Happy Birthday handing over the table where Ray signed books. He looked to be in fine spirits, and had over 70 people stand in line to get his name signed on their books - and this in 100 degree temperature (outside). It took me three hours for the round trip, but no real traffic, and was worth the effort.

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask,
I envy your being there for that event!
As I recall from my visits to L.A. though,
3 hours of driving there can be what it takes to go about 15 miles!

posted Hide Post
My drive was around 60 miles each way and I went the long way around, not through the heart of LA, but out to near Pomona and then back into Pasadena and down to Glendale. There was no real traffic on that day, or it might have been 4-5 hours. Thank God for GPS, now if they only get it to be real time with traffic info and alternate routing!

posted Hide Post
Avast, there, matey!
Just for fun, I thought I'd better remind everyone that Monday, Sept. 19, is Talk Like A Pirate Day !
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Arrr!

By the way, the achetypical pirate whence all this comes is Robert Newton's portrayal of Long John Silver in Disney's "Treasure Island".

posted Hide Post
�Hark ye--this day we speak like pirates of the coast, not lubers of it. Hark ye well, ye swabs!�
-- Bluebird the Pirate

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 09-19-2005).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arrrr! 'Tis a beautiful day in the neighborhood!
Won't cha be my neighborrrr?
- Jolly Roger's Neighborhood

posted Hide Post
Just let me get my cardigan and my Red-Ball Jets.

Speedy delivery I recon.

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 09-19-2005).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post