Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Knock, Knock...
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knock, Knock...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
...my footsteps echo as I walk these dim and vacant halls...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II:

Maybe I should cause a real uproar (against these silentand nearly forgotten halls)...and print out the first page, first chapter of Ray's 'Farewell Summer'?

___

(Let's see...that would be personal banishment forever from these hallowed halls.
Or would it...?)

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone took exception to you printing out that material I would argue that it was read in public, as an advertisement to promote interest in the product. So if you repeated it, it would only help Ray. So, please! Please, please, please�

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 09-22-2005).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay...but if I get in trouble, I'm, blaming YOU!!!!!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A snort of anticipation off in a corner somewhere.

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 31

I Emailed Sam Weller, telling him my intentions and looking for his thoughts on this. If I don't hear from him, say, by Sunday evening, late, I'll likely put it on the web at THIS site.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 09-23-2005).]

posted Hide Post
Nard,
Of course we would love it!
My only reservation is that, depending on how long we'd have to wait for thr entire book; it may be like being really hungry, sitting down to a feast of one's favourite food, savouring the first bite, then having the meal whisked away!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,
Thanks for the update. Good luck!

Braling II,
It will be hard to push myself away from the table but I�ve got to have a taste.

--Best

posted Hide Post
Sam Weller said No! about posting passages. Sorry, folks!

__

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 09-26-2005).]

posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it.

posted Hide Post
I should have added this before. I understand your concerns about some having reservations about publishing this material early. If it can�t be done, I�ll certainly understand. It�s nice to know though that the book itself is so near. Perhaps that will have to do for now. �Thanks

posted Hide Post
Nard,

What has happened to Sam? I emailed him some time ago and he responded in regard to possibly coming to Florida for a book signing, then nothing in regard to a further email to him with a specific question. It seems like he is pulling a Richard Bach.

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 09-24-2005).]

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 09-24-2005).]

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane 1:
Sam's schedule is listed on: http://www.raybradburychronicles.com
Sam is a fellow who sometimes is difficult to locate by email... And I don't see a Florida appearance listed anywhere!

posted Hide Post
_________

Sam Weller has said 'NO!' on posting passage from 'Farewell Summer'. Sorry, folks!

posted Hide Post
Thanks a million for posting that.

About �flower plates�. Audios can be deceiving. Perhaps the word you�re looking for is �petals�.