Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Knock, Knock...
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knock, Knock...
 Login/Join

posted
Anybody home over here?
Seems kinda quiet lately.
Still a faint, lingering scent of sarsaparilla, though...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who dare wake me from my slumber?

Yeah, the surly malcontent is still squatting in this abandoned library. And dreaming of the day his plans for conquest are sprung upon the world. BWAHAHA!!!

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 08-10-2005).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't bother to get up. I'm just passing though.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huh! Wha....

oomm pph...
zzzzz

zzzz zzzz zzz

zzzz

zzzz zzz

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
. . .staring at the candy store, fascinated, counting my pennies, and calculating my worth. . .

[This message has been edited by ravenswake (edited 08-11-2005).]

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just looking in twice a day, waking the town up, then putting it back to sleep.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From up in your cupola?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is kinda funny!

We're all walking around this mysterious abandoned website like silly persons.
What to do?
What to do?
Like giggling people chasing each other around corners. Sliding down the hallways and running around wondering...just what the heck do you do in a place like this?

Maybe someone could figure out how to bring in a radio. A little radio-icon placed somewheres and we could turn on the radio and we'd all come over to the particular hallway and listen to the radio and then talk a bit about it, what we all heard. It's that kind of wierd. (Or is it spelled 'weird'. Let's see: i before e except after c...except in cases of the word 'wierd'.) In that case, it's weird. Weird!!

Do we know nothing of what is happening here? How it came to be like this? Just what do us mice have in mind with this place other than to run around the place...like mice!!? I feel silly about this. Do you? If not, then speak up!! Tell us what you think. Don't be too serious or you'll definitely get kicked out and probably land in one of those really serious topic headings in the all new Bradbury web site.

And by the way...
...what has happened to all those fine people in the past that contributed to this website and somehow disappeared never to be heard from again? There's been a lot of them. Just look at the archives...and run your eyes across so many names. They are not even ghosts here. Barely a memory. They came, spoke their speakings, and left.

Others stuck around for awhile.
Like Translator.
He was an interesting fellow and strutted around enough to get a few of us little perturbed. But he had some memorable moments about him. And he could fill a lot of space with all sorts of stuff that you knew raised those hairs on the back of the neck of Mr. Dark.

Good grief. I dare say... there are not THAT many of us left. And we're climbing the rungs of the invisible ladders of this website, hanging out. Throwing echos against the far walls...

Is this how it all ends...eventually? ... ?

..... !!!!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 08-12-2005).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lately I've been watching a lot of westerns and longing to see a ghost town.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always missed Dan B.

I think he was a college student in Upper State New York. I don't know if we've heard from him since Sept 11, 2001.

I hope that's just a coincidence.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're listening to The Wolfman on K-Earth 101.....Aaaaoooooo...

Don't know much about history
Don't know much biology
Don't know much about algebra
Don't know what a slide-rule is for
But I do know Autumn smells like cinnamon
And shooting stars are really falling men
Oh, how wonderful is Bradbury

Next verse, anyone?

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 08-13-2005).]

posted Hide Post
dandelion, if you were in oklahoma, i could take you on a ghost town tour. that's what i do. or you can take a virtual one here...
http://www.eerieok.com/ghost_towns.htm

Posts: 24 | Location: Enid, OK, USA | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The real Ghost towns are in the back lots of the movie studios, so well described in Ray's book "A Graveyard For Lunatics". There is only a front side to the buildings, no backsides, and that is entirely the most eery thing of all.

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it's a very strange feeling to stand in the street of a town with buildings that are barely there and not a person in site. then you see the cemetery down the road a piece and you realize that's where everyone went...

Posts: 24 | Location: Enid, OK, USA | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tammy,
Nice Ghost Town stuff!
There are lots of Ghost Towns in the Gold country of California, of course.
I haven't been to them, but I did visit Virginia City and surrounds in Neveda. The train ride to (I think it's called) Gold Hill and the mine tour are fun and informative. Virginia City itself is very interesting if you get past the now commercial/touristy veneer...

Been to the new board yet?