Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Stage Production of SOMETHING WICKED

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stage Production of SOMETHING WICKED
 Login/Join

posted
I understand that a new stage production of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES will be opening in Los Angeles in October, 2003. Does anyone have any information about the dates the play will run, and the location of the theater presenting it?

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the details: http://www.theatrewest.org

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion, I did not see anything regarding SOMETHING WICKED when I used your link. Am I missing something, or is this just the theater where the play will be performed (and where information regarding the play will be posted in the future)? Thanks for your help!

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 08-22-2003).]

posted Hide Post
Ditto for me.

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the play will be performed there, but another local theater also does Ray's plays, so it could be at that one. Anyone want to run a search of the forums or try to find out through other means?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the link to the Edgemar Theatre in Santa Monica, Ca where SWTWC is to open octover 4 through November 8. Not yet mentioned on the theatre activity listing:
http://www.edgemar.com/index1.htm

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to information about the upcoming stage production of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, which opens in Santa Monica, California in October, 2003.
http://www.reviewplays.com/something_wicked.htm

posted Hide Post
I have called the Edgemar several times to order tickets to SWTWC, but they do not have any info at this time, etc. I just ordered tickets to the opening night performance, October 4, using www.tix.com. Anyone interested in going, I recommend using this method to get tickets.

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did anyone see the theatrical production of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES which opened last weekend at the Edgemar Theater in Santa Monica, California? If so, would you care to share your thoughts on the show?

posted Hide Post
I had the opportunity to see the Edgemar Center for the Art's production of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES in Santa Monica last Friday evening. It is a fine show. Ray was in attendance (as he often is) and spoke to the audience before the performance began. I envy all of you folks who live in the Los Angeles area that have a relatively short distance to travel to see Ray's excellent theatrical productions, as well as Ray himself! According to Ray, his next theatrical production will open in January, 2004. If my memory serves me correctly, its title is DRUNK AND IN CHARGE OF A BICYCLE, and will be based on two of his short stories about Ireland.

posted Hide Post
Richard:
Gosh darn but it was difficult to hear the prose spoken at the beginning of the play, as introduction. Perhaps we all needed some of those earphones that Ray was using....

Mark Aaron, who played Mr. Dark, was really good. I thoroughly enjoyed his energy and presentation of the character. It was a very large asset to the stage.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-20-2003).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Priscilla Allen, who played Miss Foley, is a wonderful delight to behold. I really loved the way she handled herself up there on stage, portraying a character much differently, I thought, from the movie version. Well, it was her appearance and voice and mannerisms that practically endeared me to the character. The movie version left me a little aback.

Cris Capen, the Lightning Rod Salesman, I found quite good.

The changes of the set were handled pretty darn good, and there were 'lots' of them. It's really noteworthy the thought that went into this....

I still have a problem with the ending, however. I had trouble with the ending of the movie and book. Many times I mentioned this to Ray years ago, but it seems to be now going in the right direction. But, as Frost said, ...'miles to go before we sleep.' It has to do with evil being destroyed by...laughter, as originally presented... or "great love" as now also stated in the play. I'll take the latter, nonetheless....

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-20-2003).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post