Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I blew it again. Happy Birthday, RB!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I blew it again. Happy Birthday, RB!
 Login/Join

posted
Late again, oh well. I hope Mr. Bradbury is enjoying the anniversary of that day he so astonishingly remembers.

I was reading this article about a study done at San Diego State University back in the 1970s where people were transgressed back to the time of their birth through hypnosis. Many of these people were able to report what was being said by their parents, doctors, and nurses in the delivery room on that day so long ago. Some of these stories were corroborated by the parents. Furthermore, through this study they discovered that many of these people shared the same phobias, self-images, and physical ailments when they shared similar birth experiences. For instance, when forcepts were used many were plagued with chronic headaches, neck pain, and other body aches. And when the father blurted out something like "She looks like a mole!" the person carried around a terrible self-image. Especially long and complicated labors and deliveries usually resulted in claustrophobia. So, I now believe RB's claim of remembering his own birth in detail.

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 08-23-2006).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a good thread going here https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6791083901/m/4421014642 which will hopefully be printed and sent to RB.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post