Ray Bradbury Forums
Sam Weller @ SoCal Writer's Meeting/Jan. 21, '06

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/2861003481

21 January 2006, 06:43 PM
N. K. Love
Sam Weller @ SoCal Writer's Meeting/Jan. 21, '06
I heard Sam Weller speak at the Southern California Writer's Association Meeting in Fountain Valley today--Jan. 21, 2006.

Alas, Mr. Bradbury was not up to joining us, and was missed by all.

Yet Weller kept us enthralled and entertained with stories of his association with Ray, and of what he experienced while writing Ray's authorized biography "The Bradbury Chronicles."

Weller seems a delightful chap, very personable and friendly. He told fascinating stories about Bradbury, Ray's late wife Maggie, his friends and his professional associates.

We were all grateful to Mr. Weller for taking the time to share his wealth of insights.

And what grace and class:
Weller at one point tore up the check for the honorarium the Writer's Association had given him for the event, and said, "This one's on me!"
22 January 2006, 10:51 AM
patrask
Thanks for your update. I could not attend this meeting as I had a prior appointment, and was wondering how the event played out. I have met Sam on a couple of other occasions and found him to be real and very personable. I have read his book and learned much that I, a lifelong Bradbury fan, did not know. Thanks again, sorry Ray was not able to attend, I hope he is well.