Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray's health

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray's health
 Login/Join

posted
Not to pry unduly, but what's the latest?

I see he's booked for a signing at Vroman's in Pasadena on 10/29, and I've booked a flight down there to meet him at long last. He's been a great inspiration to me since my childhood, and probably the reason I sought a career in writing.

I'd driven down to Santa Monica several weeks ago, when he was scheduled to do a signing at a Barnes & Noble; I'd called the night before to ensure it was still on, but arrived to find it had been cancelled due to his illness. Five hours in the car each way... but the only thing on my mind was hope that he'd recover well.

Posts: 10 | Location: Oakland, CA USA | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I hear, probably more cancellations than appearances. Santa Monica is a hop skip and jump from his home. And he's hardly been doing a lot of that lately. Stand back and watch and hope for the best.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to visit with Ray a week ago last Saturday (October 9th) but due a conflict with my grandchild was not able to stop by at 4:00 PM which he said would work for him. I called him Saturday morning (October 10th)to see if sometime on Sunday would work, but he had visitors coming from New York so that didn't work out.

You can imagine that coming all the way from Florida I was disappointed, but the primary purpose the trip was to visit my son, his wife, and my grandchildren. If I was able to see Ray it was going to be a bonus.

He sounded great, his voice was strong. So let's all hope that the health situations he has had in the recent past are over and he continues to regain his strength. His spirit always remains strong.

Ray is always so gracious and he said that when I was out again to call and he would love for me and my wife and son to stop by.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

As far as the Santa Monica signing, It was cancelled a week before, the man was to sign. Get on Barnes and Noble, for that. Not Mr B.

Later Patrick

p.s. He's doing great. Starting to go out again. Did a Book Signing over the weekend in Westwood. and a video/Cable event last week. His spirits are just wonderful.

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any way we can get a list of upcoming appearances? I've met Ray twice, and would like to go for a trilogy. By chance, it just so happens that the two times I've met Ray, it's been on Oct. 23rd. It'd be kinda cool if I could meet him again on the 23rd!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Groon

Mr B. Will be at the Warner Th. in San Pedro, for his film Something Wicked, showing. on the 31st. I'll get more info soon,
Later
Patrick

posted Hide Post
Patrick, always excellent to hear from you and your first hand contacts with Mr. Bradbury! I missed him at the teleconference he did for colleges in Central NY State earlier in the month. I found out about it the next day just by coincidence (on-line). I absolutely would have travelled the distance to be there. But, alas...

If you could occasionally drop a line here with similar "heads ups" -like the San Pedro appearance- down the line it would make someone's day, I bet!!

Way back, many of us anticipated that the web managers/publishers were going to do this. We now know that is not the case. Maybe a new "Post Topic" specifically dedicated to Mr. B's activities in public and his upcoming enterprises would be where to list such info (ie, releases, things in the works, movie considerations, etc.). Just a thought - for things that are "reasonably public" and would whet our ravenous RB appetites. (Any progress with F. Darabont?)

"Something Wicked" on Halloween!! Great for him. Enjoy!

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.WARNERGRAND.COM Is the website for the 31st, showing of Something Wicked. look under classic films info.

The man has a meeting in a day or so with Frank D.

Later
Patrick