Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Dark Carnival
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dark Carnival
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetJagger:
I have to admit, I'm surprised to see that higher than DC.

You're not the only one!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a fine copy of both the US and British editions of Dark Carnival for sale. anyone interested?

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may be.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I held this beauty in my hands today. The very one Ray signed to Maggie back in 1947.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I hope you remembered to put it back!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I hope you remembered to put it back!

When I went to place it back on its shelf, Ray ask for it, took it, and held it.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Well, he has such a complex filing system; he didn't want you messing it up Smiler

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Well, he has such a complex filing system; he didn't want you messing it up Smiler

Hey - it was laying on his TV stand!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
That's what I mean: a complex filing system, one which no one else can understand Big Grin

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Donn Albright tried once and found Ray a regular Grandma Spaulding as to his system!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Donn Albright tried once and found Ray a regular Grandma Spaulding as to his system!

An example to his system: Once, Ray asked me if I could get him Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Season 1 on DVD, as he wanted to see Riabouchinska. I said I would. So I had it shipped to his house. He watched it. About a year later, he asked me if I could get Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Season 1 for him. I said that I got that for you last year! He said "I can't find it. It's somewhere in the house." I had to laugh. I thought that was just adorable. And, having been in the house (and the basement), I can certainly see why he couldn't find it!

"Live Forever!"