Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Short Stories

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Short Stories
 Login/Join

posted
Hello Everyone:

I am currently researching Mr. Bradbury's work. I was wondering if you could recommend a few of his best short stories.
I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Posts: 2 | Location: Hope Mills,NC,USA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome:

Of course, everyone will likely put down their own favorites.

Here's a few of the short stories that I found very memorable

The Tombling Day
Death and the Maiden
April Witch
Here There Be Tygers
The Scythe
(For a much longer work, try:
The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit)

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget "The Fog Horn."

Posts: 4 | Location: San Lorenzo, CA USA | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here a just a few of my personal favorites (and I'm leaving out a whole bunch of them!):

"The Lake"
"The October Game"
"The Veldt"
"The Parrot Who Met Papa"

I am sure other posters could name many, many others!

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the "Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" which may be a bit autobiographical.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Dwarf
Rocket Man
Kaleidoscope
The Long Rain
All Summer in a Day
The Veldt
The Sound of Thunder
The Skeleton

I don't have a list in front of me. I'm having lunch at work. Go to the library and check out his anthologies. Bradbury is a master story teller.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to thank you all very much for you input. I am making a list to take to the library. I figured it would be better to ask the experts first.

Thanks again.

Posts: 2 | Location: Hope Mills,NC,USA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post