Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TIME
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I see life as more a series of events -- most of which are not pre-ordained. I understand this puts me in conflict with some of the NT, but I struggle with the idea that things are pre-defined, and we are just living out something defined and scripted by someone else. It seems to take the fun out of life. I also think there is something to this Chaos theory -- that even though there are laws that seem to keep a kind of general order, there is also the reality that things come along to disrupt that order -- sometimes in small ways (with potentially large consequences [as in "A Sound of Thunder"] and sometimes in large ways. I don't believe all these are already set in stone.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too struggle against pre-ordination, but I cannot find an argument against it. Chaos theory just reinforces the causality chain, which is exactly what determinism is about.

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark

Take fun out of life? Good grief. The script is incredible.
Endless.
Unimaginable.
Done on our behalf, so that we can only thank God for his ways.

On an infinitesimal level, it would be like everyone you ever loved, waiting to meet you with the most incredible plans for your visit. Everything secured, readied and waiting. It's a wonder to fall into the hands and plans of a loving God.

Somewhere in the mix of Ray's writings, you fall into the hands of a loving God. Ray wrote blindly. But all great art speaks of the creator, but whispers in mystery.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a comfortable place, this bible of yours, is...
Nothing short of infinite bliss...
Read Leviticus...

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post