Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Need help about Fahrenheit 451
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help about Fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
No, tired would be "Past It." My profile says my posts total 654, so that's well over twice 233 and heading to three times, but before reaching 699, I must first pass the dreaded 666!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6 6 6

The greatest modern superstition.

No one has ever settled onto its actual meaning......

...but like the ...don't walk under the ladder, don't let a Black Cat cross your path, don't step on ants on the sidewalk... if you tip over the salt shaker, don't forget to throw salt over your shoulder (it's either right or left shoulder...and don't make a mistake) ...we do other stupid things to some how avoid catastrophy...

...the famous three digit number has joined ranks with the darkest of the dark. Seven in Scripture denotes perfection... while some say 6 denotes absolute imperfection...three 6's is the worst of the worst...for with each '6', you encompass the Father...the Son...and the Holy Ghost, perfect delusions of the Authentic; and it goes on and on... 6, the perfect number for fallen man, or for whatever ails you.

I know people who have turned their license plates back in because it had 666 on it. I know there are people who will not accept 666 as part of their phone number... And, I must admit, it has happened, that when I sense someone is financially unethical, I begin to notice 666 in literature, newspapers, and those numbers catch my eye in general. It is then I know it's time... 'to take to the sea...' (oops! that's for another story...for Ishmael)

So you know what I've learned? Start a serious walk with Jesus Christ and stop worrying about everything....even when the #666 post comes up....

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 03-01-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just came across this in the newspaper...and had to add it here..............

Headline in... 'Chicago Sun-Times'
March 2nd, 2003

� Bible College Sheds Number of the Beast �

Vancleve Kentucky--
After months of asking for a new telephone number, the Kentucky Mountain Bible College has finally dropped the 666 prefix that disturbed Christians who recognized it as the Biblical mark of the beast.
"We're just elated that the number has been changed," said Rob Roy MacGregor, the college's vice president of business affairs. "It was like we had this scarlet letter attached to us."
The college is removing the number from printed material, including its official letterhead.
The 666 prefix had been the only one available in Vancleve. The need for more phone lines forced companies to add new numbers, and the college tried for several months to get the new 693 prefix.
"We were glad we could finally get a number that the school is happy with," said Kaye Davis of Access Point, a North Carolina phone company servicing the college.
In the Book of Revelation, 666 is stamped on people during the last days. Those who receive the mark, according to Scripture, are damned to eternal punishment..

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why hasn't anyone readed this yet?

Posts: 33 | Location: Norway | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post