Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    RB'S Recovery, Note from Daughter's
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RB'S Recovery, Note from Daughter's
 Login/Join

posted
The Bradbury family wishes to thank all of you for your concerns and good wishes in Dad's speedy recovery. He's doing well and hopefully won't have to spend too much time in the hospital. We'll post again to let you know how things progress.

Much thanks to you all.

Alexandra Bradbury

Posts: 89 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And to those who, have RB's phone numbers, Please don't call, Info will be posted. Ray B and his family know you love and respect him, so please let him get his much needed rest. The doctor said even taking uses up, alot of energy.

Take care
Patrick

posted Hide Post
Many of us really do love your dad. His writing and his person have touched a lot of us.

I first read F451 in 9th grade (1969) and it changed my whole life. Saw him lecture at Pasadena City College, met him at a book signing where he was extremely gracious to me, and spent a couple hours in his home, where again, he was so gracious to me.

His writing opened up a new world of ideas to me, and reading F451 led to reading his other books, and then scifi and then into literature, philosophy and religious theory and history. He made my life different.

Give him our love and very best wishes.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Bradbury, how much richer are our lives thanks to you!
May God grant you Many Years!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can someone please tell me what has happened to Ray? I have not been able to access this board for a few days. Today I got on very easily and I see several posts about Ray being in the hospital. I went through all the posts (I think) that I hadn't read since Monday, but I can't figure out what's going on. Please let me know!

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 08-26-2004).]

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrick,

Perhaps you are the one person who can enlighten us as to Ray's most recent health set-back.

When I spoke with Ray after his last hospital visit I asked him what ailment was giving him fits and he said "six or seven, do you want a list?" in his usual self deprecating humor.

Any information would be greatly appreciated by the members of this web site.
Thank you in advance, Patrick, if there is any information that you can share.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone,

Ray is doing great. His spirit is simply amazing. When I saw him on Sunday he asked to thank everyone on this board for their birthday well-wishes!

Cheers,

Sam

Posts: 48 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam,

Thank you for the update. So glad that you were in LA to see Ray in person and yes he sure does have a resiliency that is unbelievable!

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And a cheerfulness that defies explanation!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update, Sam. We have all been waiting, worrying, and wondering. Send Ray our best wishes and love.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's great to hear that quite a few people here know Mr Bradbury in person. Other writers are not so forthcoming!

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HELLO ALL,

Mr B is doing great, and in super good spirts, I've stopped in to see him, from time to time, and he's been resting, just great.
His daughters have been there, checking up on him, but between you and me, it's just to keep RB from grabbing the nurses. The daughters are, relaying your note's from this site. and he thanks you all.

There is no set-back, he just had a body tune-up.

As you most know, he had a stroke, 4 1/2 years ago. Other than losing some usage of his right side. his speech is great.
He's always had poor eyesight, and his hearing is poor on his right ear, just fine on the left.
The 6 or 7 things he says is wrong with him, are not that bad, It's mainly his hearing and sight, that bother him.
Like us all, we can lose weight, which the man is now doing.

He has great daughters and great help around him.

He told me, he would much rather have lunch at the Ivy, than where he is now, And that is just a taste of our beloved Ray Bradbury,

With good spirits
Take care
Patrick

posted Hide Post
Good to know he's doing all right! And I say let the man grab a few nurses if he wants to!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is an obituary for Charles Rome Smith who was the Producer and director of Ray's Pandemonium Theatre Company productions of Ray's works. His passing was on August 16, obituary is from today's LA Times:
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-...ug28,1,6611439.story

Posts: 257 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Age has its privileges and Ray is very cute in his way of taking advantage of them. He kisses waitresses, too, and says, "Give us a hug," and "Give us a kiss," at least to those who take his fancy. I kissed him and it was great, but Mr. Dark, who was there, complained, "Well, he didn't ask ME for a kiss!"

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post