Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    NASA finds 10th planet!?! "Sedna"
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NASA finds 10th planet!?! "Sedna"
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
AAh yes but Jupiter almost ALMOST classifies as a brown dwarf!! I'm was working on a short story were Jupiter gained enough mass and ingnited when hit by a comet...then it was..and it didn't!! I'll keep re-writing it though!. But hey time to think of a character write up on Prof. Greentown. Whats the place like??

Posts: 35 | Location: Fort Worth,Texas,USA | Registered: 13 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about "almost" - it does have some way to go (ie, something like 1/2M of the sun).
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's what place like?
Greentown?
My Greentown?

MWHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Soon I will rule all of Greentown and you will all will kneel at the command of Professor Greentown.

YOU WILL BOW DOWN BEFORE ME SON OF JOR-EL!!!

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to one of my Profs, it is still sketchy as to whether or not they are planets. I say they because it is not just one "new" planet, there are two of them out past Pluto. One pretty close (on a cosmic scale) to Pluto and the other farther out.

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post