Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Let's All Kill Constance
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's All Kill Constance
 Login/Join

posted
It is my understanding that a theatrical production of Ray's recent mystery novel, LET'S ALL KILL CONSTANCE, is scheduled to open in the Los Angeles area later this month. Does anyone out there have any additional information about the theater in which it will be appearing, performance dates and times, ticket prices, and so forth?

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

It's a Ray Bradbury Production "Pandemonium Theatre Company" Produced by Ray Bradbury, Tom Petitpas and Mindy Brandt.

Directed by Alan Neal Hubbs, who directed Something Wicked This Way Comes. just a few weeks ago.

Starts on April 17th 2004 Ending May 22nd, 2004
at THE COURT THEATRE 722 North LaCienega Boulevard. West Hollywood.
Thur-Fri-Sat 8:00pm and Sunday's at 3pm.
For tickets call 1-800-595-4849 or online at www.tix.com.

Street parking is a problem. Valet parking next door. Good time to carpool.

Take care
Patrick

Posts: 89 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I remember reading somewhere that the characters from "Let's All Kill Constance" came from another previous book or story, or perhaps that the story is somewhat of a sequel. Is this the case?

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray has written a trio of mystery novels set in the Los Angeles area, in which many of the same characters continue from one novel to the next. Since the books proceed chronologically, I suggest reading them in the order in which they were published: first, DEATH IS A LONELY BUSINESS; second, A GRAVEYARD FOR LUNATICS (in which one of the characters is the alter ego of Ray's dear friend, and Oscar-winning special effects artist, Ray Harryhausen); and third, LET'S ALL KILL CONSTANCE. All three books are still in print.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Patrick, for the information about the play!

posted Hide Post
Thanks Richard, those were the ones I was thinking of.

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I attended a couple of rehearsals for this production last week in L.A., and it's going to be one of Ray's most entertaining stage productions. The book translates into stage drama much more fluidly than you might expect. I have always told Ray that I thought his Hollywood mystery" novels would make a wonderful trilogy of motion pictures, but I frankly never imagined them as stage plays, even though I've directed more than a dozen of his one-acts.)

An interesting feature of this particular production is the presence in the cast of veteran stage-and-screen character actor Angus Scrimm, best-known for his work in the PHANTASM films and (more recently) on the television series ALIAS. So if you know any PHANTASM fans out there, tell them LET'S ALL KILL CONSTANCE is their best chance to see "The Tall Man" in the flesh,
playing highly contrasting dual roles.

Theatre is Ray's lifelong first love, and his plays deserve a much broader audience.
Let's all see CONSTANCE!

Terry Pace

Posts: 11 | Location: Sheffield, AL, USA | Registered: 09 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone planning on going to this? I'd love to go, and it would be cool to meet up after!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
groon:

Planning to be there somewhere during the 2nd week of May. Have not figured what exact day I can see the play... but there's still time to plan....

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I see it, it would be Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, May 20, 21, or 22.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll check my calendar.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the good fortune to see Ray's newest play, LET'S ALL KILL CONSTANCE, last Thursday evening at The Court Theater in West Hollywood. The play is most enjoyable, with a truly wonderful cast. If you liked the book, you'll love the play. I'm heading back to the theater tomorrow to see it again. Highly recommended!

posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what, when, and where Ray's next play project is and if so can you please post the information here for us?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a tad off topic, I just wanted to note that I found it quite interesting the different style of writing between A Graveyard for Lunatics and Lets All Kill Constance. Graveyard is very narrative and cinematic, while Constance is much more poetic and minimal. And, also, the lead characters wife's name changes from Peg to Maggie. Unless I'm comepletely off of course.

Posts: 4 | Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But aren't both Peg and Maggie nicknames for Margaret or Marguerite? It could still be the same woman.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post