Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    happiness

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

happiness
 Login/Join

posted
Do you belive that Monatg will find true happiness in the new society that the book readers create?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think he found happiness when he made the break from a life of intellectual and emotional stupor and chose a life of ideas, passion and honesty.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always ended that novel feeling certain he has come "home." This is clearly where he belongs, with like-minded people. I'm sure he would find happiness there.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If happiness means finding challenges while pursuing a life with meaning for you, then yes.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happiness is one of the most obvious themes of the book Fahrenheit 451. Guy goes through a lot of stages of happiness in this book.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think he found a sense of righteousness, not really happiness. I don't think we ever saw Montag ever really happy, but at the end we see him with a sense of relief when he is with Granger and all the other intellectuals.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Dandelion. Definately! What I was thinking exactly!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Montag will definetly find true happiness in his new world. He discovered through Clarisse that he wasnt truelly happy and once he started to read books, his pursue on life changed. Now that he and the other profesors are trying to bring back books into the world, he will be living a totally different life that he is happy in. He will struggle and have bumps in the road. Since he is happy now, this wont effect him. He will keep on passing his knowledge of books to others and truelly be happy in doing so. All in all, Montag is truelly happy in his life. If he continues to do what makes him feel happy, he will live a wonderful life.

Posts: 3 | Location: Lemont IL 60439 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that Montag will only find happiness if he takes what Granger said (they can't force the people to change, it has to be their decision) seriously. Otherwise, Montag will become extremely frustrated very easily because he has this knowledge and he knows that it would make people happier, but unless they choose to travel down that path, they wont change. So if Montag accepts this, he will be able to travel down the path he's chosen and gain more knowledge and help the people that begin to search for truth as well. This will help Montag lead a much more happy life

Posts: 5 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that as the novel left off of, Guy will find his "true" identity. Through out the whole novel of F451, Guy was trying to find himself in the society that he didn't actually fit in. Towards the end as things had seemed to get more complicated for Guy his personality and his identity started to show through. Everyone wants to be themselves and are happier that way and so Guy with his idenitity will be happier in continuation.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Realistically, I really dont think that Montag will be happy after he goes into his town that has just been hit with a huge bomb. I mean rebuilding a whole new society will take many years, it may not be until after Montag's life ends that things in the town will be running smoothly again. (That is, if he does plan to set out and put things back to how they were, with the help of books.) The time involved in rebuilding, educating, and persuading this new population into this plan of action is quite hard to believe. "...There was a long mornings walk...when we reach the city." We are left with this quote at the end of the book, like this small group of men are going to go back and change it all back. I can picture them walking through the smoke and rubble of what was the city and feeling a sense of heroism. He is almost happy with what he is about to doI do believe, however, that by the time Montag's goal is reached, or maybe in the process of doing so, that Montag will find happiness. Having the right to finally learn and know what it truely is like to be happy.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post