Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    MarsLanding Photos with Ray 01/02/'04
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MarsLanding Photos with Ray 01/02/'04
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
These two 'Martian photos' are among the most recent.... If these overburden your computer because of their file-size, sorry! Otherwise, it is quite amazing to see....
http://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/2004/05/02/2004.05.02.R1502296.gif

This second one has a picture of a crater that is nearly identical in size to Meteor Crater in Arizona, Earth. About a mile wide.
http://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/2004/04/30/2004.04.30.R1502146.gif

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 05-02-2004).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Mr. Bradbury smoking in one of those photos?
Just curious.

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray never smoked unless it was secondhand. I believe Maggie smoked.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm. So what's that in his hand in this image?

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 05-04-2004).]

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic:

That's hilarious! I have to find the picture and take a closer look at it...

I'd say it's a pencil stub...but it looks pretty funny....

But Ray's Martians '''MUST''' be friendly. Why look at these following pictures. Obviously they have been creating these 'structures' on the surface of Mars to tell us all that they '''LOVE US'''!!
http://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/2004/02/14/2004.02.14.valentines.gif

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 05-04-2004).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
[B]But Ray's Martians '''MUST''' be friendly. Why look at these following pictures. Obviously they have been creating these 'structures' on the surface of Mars to tell us all that they '''LOVE US'''!!

Nard: no, that's what the martians want you to think. It's what we call the "Mars is Heaven" effect!

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic:

Hilarious again!!!

Maybe those 'heart-love' photos should be used on the next book cover of a '''Martian Chronicles''' edition.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 05-05-2004).]

posted Hide Post
A suspiciously cigarette-shaped object, but I'm not convinced. If he smokes he'd have to have started late in life, which people almost never do.

The two people really to ask would be Sam and Patrick. Let's pose this to them: does Ray now, or has he ever, smoked?

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 05-06-2004).]

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
>All this, long, long before you, elron, even thought your first thought.
>And with Ray there is no exception...but he is NO invalid.

To Nard Kordell: excuse me, if my words hurted you. I'm really sorry if so.
I didn't mean anythig sceptical or contemptuous. I was just surprised and delighted with will and spirit of this man.
I hope you will be patient with me. It's HARD to me to explain the thoughts in English and it's hard to navigate through this board. You see - i'm very late with reading and answering this topic.

Thanks to everyone for wonderful pictures and photos. It's magic that there is internet and i can connect to people who can see mr. Bradbury by there own eyes. Few years ago he was for me just like a magician living somewhere _far_away_. Now i can imagine to myself Him as a real man. Very strange feeling.

Beleive me, mr. Kordell, i respect Ray Bradbury very much. How could it be another way?!

P.S. In a month, or two i am going to make some international web pages, devoted to Bradbury's books. I hope one of you will help me with English texts. Will you?

P.P.S Hearts on Mars are great, inspiring!

Posts: 105 | Location: orenburg, russian federation | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
elron::::

My mis-understanding, and my apologies...

philnic
dandelion:

Got a hold of the original photo of... the '''cigarette''' in Bradbury's right hand...and closely inspected it with a lens...

....and Behold!!! ::::

It is a 'permanent marker' pen, held backwards, so that the black cap is facing Ray's thumb, and with the pen held at an angle, only the white portion shows, and because it is at an angle, looks shorter, and thus..appears to look like a cigarette.

Mystery thus solved!!!!

posted Hide Post
Thank God. I knew there'd be a logical explanation.

posted Hide Post
Latest photo (June 6th)... from the rim of a crater on Mars... Give it time to download... It is supposed to be true color as well...
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/opportunit...rance-B101R1_br2.jpg

posted Hide Post
Very cool! I love this stuff. This and the Hubble are producing stuff that is just unreal.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pictures were cool!

Don't tell me what I'm doing.... I don't want to know!

Posts: 10 | Location: Orange, TX, USA | Registered: 10 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks like something out of a Mars movie, but it's so cool to know it's the real thing. If you look way off in the distance, you can just make out Sam Parkhill's hot dog stand!!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post