Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Short film!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Short film!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks. My explanation for the cars is that in the future cars are being phased out by government mandate. New cars cannot be made, but people are allowed to drive their old cars until they don't run anymore. That would phase out the old cars while public transportation and use of bicycles is gradually increased. So the only cars on the road are really old!! Haha, well it works for me!! So if I want to send a copy to Ray, where should I send it? Through Don Congdon?

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Groon, give me a call again at (954) 579-0003 as I believe I can help you with getting a copy to Ray.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool film! Considering the familiarity of the Bradburian genre, the ending remained surprising! Oddly enough, I'm working with a guy who is in the process of filming another black and white short movie, and the Moonlight Sonata plays in it, too! (Check it out at www.secretdeveloper.com)

Posts: 48 | Registered: 03 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mycroftholmes,
I couldn't find exactly what you're talking about, but maybe that's because it isn't done. I watched the war epic "Fire" and thought it was really cool how they shot fireworks at the actors to resemble tracers. With some sound effects that could be a really cool effect!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
groon:
Ooops... yeah, sorry, the exerpt of the film should be under "Untitled.mpg." Looks like a bug.. I'll talk the guy...

Posts: 48 | Registered: 03 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I could give Ray a copy in person at a booksigning or something. Anybody know of any coming up in the Los Angeles area?

posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention this, but for anyone who's into the behind the scenes type stuff, I added a visual effects reel showing how I did some of the more elaborate effects in the movie. I intended to do a commentary over the montage, but I've just been too busy to record it, so it remains mostly soundless, but you can get the idea from the footage.

posted Hide Post
Kewl. I did wonder how you achieved some of that stuff.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Groon, what happened to it? You had posted this very neat video as to how you shot your film, then it's gone. Can it return?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should still be there....

posted Hide Post
It is! I am just getting old in my old age. What can I say! Say groon check your gmail email as I have some information for you.

Your expertise in creating this neat film is fantastic, but then I would imagine that is why one goes to film school. Great work!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Groon. Really interesting piece. RB would be pleased in viewing it, I would think. We are starting Part III of F451 today (gr. 12) ("Burning Bright"). I will show this to the class this a.m. I'll follow later with a few comments from the students themselves -- Ah, the critics!!

thanks,
f

FJP, Let me know if you'd like a DVD copy to show your class/future classes. Email me at christofmunoz@gmail.com

posted Hide Post
Groon, am still working on the possibility of your being able to present your DVD of "The Dealer" to Ray in person. Hang in there. I wanted to bump this up so that Doug Spaulding might have a chance to see the film and also your movie on the special effects.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

posted Hide Post
Well I received a call from Patrick the week before last and last Monday I mailed a copy out to Ray, care of Patrick. Now it's anyone's guess what happens next. Hope he likes it =)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
I wanted to bump this up so that Doug Spaulding might have a chance to see the film and also your movie on the special effects.

Thanks - good film. I love that composer you found...Ludwig something or other wasn't it? He's brilliant!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post